My husband said our relationship is boring, what to do? Suggestions? We have been married 15 yrs and 3 kids 15,13, and 8months. We have had marital problems, thought trying to make it not boring might help but not sure what to do, don't have much $$.Help.

MommaB0334

Asked by MommaB0334 at 4:40 PM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• Get a babysitter and go do something. Even if you eat Taco Bell, it is still something away from the house and kids. You need date nights.
    Anonymous

• Do things spontaneously. Make an effort to suprise each other. Take weekend getaways without the kids (or maybe just a day trip). Get a mini DIY make-over and have him pick his favorite things (hair color etc.) and vice versa. Find out what really stresses him and you out around the house and both of you make an effort to fix those problems and work on them.

If you're having marital problems, I would suggest counseling. You can contact counselors in your area. Most take insurance and most will give you a reduced rate if you do not have insurance and/or cannot afford to pay. Good luck!

NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 4:45 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• So spice it up.. Go back to the basics... Pinch his butt, hold his hand, leave him dirty or love letters start small..
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 4:47 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Do at date night at home. Instead of paying a babysitter for the little one, ask one of your friends or a grandparent in trade for watching the baby overnight, you will clean their house or cook supper for them one night and ship the big kids off to a friends house for a sleep over. Then, show your husband you are NOT boring. Do something like leave him a trail of notes of what you are going to do to him and have them lead him to the bedroom. Don't buy expensive lingerie, it will just end up on the floor. Naked is all a man needs.Hehe. Put on some pretty makeup and shimmer lotion and have at it. Make him forget for a second, you have little money, have the kids, instead you and him are each others sex slaves for the night. Good luck. I have done something simuliar with my hubby and it was awesome.
    Mrs.Phillips007

Answer by Mrs.Phillips007 at 4:48 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Sit down and write a list of what made your relationship great while you were dating and at the start of your marriage. Make an effort to do those things again. Have your oldest watch the kids for a day and go out and enjoy yourselves. Do something you've never done together before. Learn something new together. Check out the same book at the library and discuss it as you read it. Have more sex..role play. Break up the routine. Cook something new. Go out with another couple. Volunteer together.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 4:54 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I am wondering just what he is implying about the marriage being boring, Why would this occur to him. He should have said let's do this or go there. Not just announce that he is bored and expect you to take care of it. Just what is he implying. Has he seen something or heard of something and thinks he wants to try it? Anyway, to answer your question. Think about him as someone that you are newly dating and trying to be on your best behavior with. Smile, sparkle, laugh along with him. Suggest places to go. have a date night every week. I've suggested it before but the weekend away together is a great refresher for a relationship- it doesn't have to be far away, but you walk and talk and have nice meals served to you and concentrate on each other. Research places in your area, and do day trips if overnight is out of the question.

Answer by Bmat at 4:55 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Tell him to fix it. That's what I tell my SO. Men are the fixers. Let him figure it all out bc you have three kids to take care of. He can't be too bored if he just made an 8 month old

Answer by admckenzie at 6:24 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I'd make sure if he is "so" bored to not get Preggo again!
    Anonymous