Have you ever been cheated on?

If so, what did you do? We know that if sex is involved it's cheating but what else do you consider cheating?

Msunique80

Asked by Msunique80 at 4:51 PM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• HASN'T EVERYONE AT SOME POINT IN THERE LIFE ON SOME LEVEL~
    Anonymous

• my ex was a serial cheater and one day i just left. i only consider sex cheating, maybe making out. emotional affairs are still cheating. a peck on the lips i dont consider cheating
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 4:53 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• to me cheating is sexual content between two people like sex and kissing also is he is talking with some woman on an emotional level and he isn't talking to me, it may not be him cheating but it sure would make me wonder.

Yes I was cheated on by my ex fiancee who was in the marines, I found out while he was stationed in Okinawa when he came home I let him treat me to dinner and things, thenI dumped him. I felt good about it lol
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 4:55 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• It has never happened to me so I can't answer your first question. 

I consider anything that has to be hidden from the spouse as cheating.

Anonymous

• I posted the above anon.  I have no idea why it showed up as anon. I must have accidentally hit the button.  Oh well!

beeky

Answer by beeky at 4:56 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I think a big part of cheating is both the intention of what actions they took (kissing, hugging, holding hands, going on a date etc.) as well as the level of the actions that they actually took. Sex with another person, when you are not in an "open marriage" is automatically cheating. However, making oneself emotionally available to another woman in terms of a relationship is also cheating. The intent behind kissing or dating another woman, regardless of sex, is to attempt to put her on the same level as I am in his life. When you're with someone exclusively or you take marriage vows with them, you're promising to be "his only." If there's an emotional relationship with another woman, obviously he's breaking his promise to be "the only." (cont.)
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 5:01 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• (cont.) The only time I have ever been aware that I was cheated on was once in High School when I found out a boyfriend had another girlfriend. Also another boyfriend of mine was involved with another woman emotionally. I left both of them and never looked back.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 5:02 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• according to the book WHY MEN CHEAT, sex is NOT the number one cause for cheating. It's emotional dissatisfaction at home. So, for many cheating would be the emotional bond between a married person and the other person. Point = he likes ow better than w

Answer by admckenzie at 6:43 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• p.s. yes I was cheated on.

• my ex is my ex cause he was a cheater.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 7:09 PM on Mar. 2, 2009