anybody on Lovanox blood thinnner while pregnant? ...if so where do you do teh injection? I am on it for the entire pregnancy and was for my first pregnancy.Yuck~clotting disorder.

I did my injections in my legs for my first pregnancy and have been with my 2nd ...all teh docs say it is safe to do the injection in the abdomen and it cannot reach the baby thru the abdominal walls and uterian walls....idid a few in my sides ...but my hubby is worried. all I have read say's most women do their abdomen for the shots and all is fine and totally safe.

Gracie06

Asked by Gracie06 at 4:57 PM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My SIL did hers in her stomach she was fine had a beautiful little girl
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 5:41 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I have a clotting disorder too and have to take Lovenox. First pregnancy, I injected it in my thighs for the same reason as you - I worried! Second pregnancy, my doctor urged me to do it in the abdomen because it is absorbed best from there, and I did with no problems. I'm 15 weeks pregnant now with #3 and doing it in the abdomen again and doing fine! I'm an old pro at it by now! I don't get the bruises and lumps at the injection sites that I used to get. I was told by the nurse this time around to leave the air bubble in the syringe and inject it all and I don't get black and blue anymore. Who knew?
    caitsig

Answer by caitsig at 5:55 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• thank u for your answers! All answers are welcome.Knowing there are others going through this is helpful to me.
    Gracie06

Answer by Gracie06 at 9:41 AM on Mar. 3, 2009