sleeping question

my 3 month old use to sleep for 4 - 6 hours at night. the last few weeks he has been getting up after only 2 hours of sleep. i rock him back to sleep but as soon as he hits the crib mattress hes awake, but if i bring him in my bed with me he sleeps great. any suggestions on getting him to go back to sleep in his crib. and how do you put your babies down in there cribs without waking them???
thanks

sweetjpea

Asked by sweetjpea at 5:04 PM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• HAHA.. My four yr old was my first co-sleeper and still is one if she can find a corner. I love sleeping with my babies. I now share the bed with my twins- most nights my hubby sleeps on the couch
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 5:07 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• BAD HABITS
    Anonymous

• Try putting something that smells like you in his crib because he just might like the scent of his mummy and thats why he sleeps so well in your bed and not his crib. My oldest had that problem but I just put my pillow case in his crib ( somewhere, where he couldn't smother himself with it but close enough that he could sense me with him.) It may not work but it did with my oldest.
    Mumma07

Answer by Mumma07 at 5:10 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Swaddling worked for us. Those swaddler blankets that have velcro. We didn't start them until around 8 weeks and they worked wonders for our sleep and hers.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 5:32 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• KEEP UP WITH THE PATTERN OF MAKING HIM SLEEP IN HIS OWN AREA. HE WILL SOON GET THE PIC DAT THAT'S HIS AREA DONT GIVE UP
    lilbrittney1710

Answer by lilbrittney1710 at 5:40 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• The 3 month growth spurt could account for the frequent wake ups. As far as the co-sleeping goes... if it works for you(i.e. you and baby get more sleep by doing it) then go for it.

I love co-sleeping and having a family bed.
    Being attached to your child isn't a bad habit. In fact, countless studies have shown that children who were raised this way are MORE independent and have an easier time forming relational bonds with others.

heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 5:44 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I would feed the baby is the baby is 3 months sheamy be going thru a growth spurt!!!..... and try not picking her up rub her tummy or hear and sooth her that way, that is if you do not want to share your bed with a baby for the next 2 years!
    Moma_bear

Answer by Moma_bear at 6:48 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• As others had said, it may be a growth spurt. When my son did this, I switched him to a bottle for his last feeding of the night and he did much better. I have to agree with heatherama too. I co-slept with all three of my kids when DH was out of town a lot. I slept more soundly with them next to me. We didn't have any problem getting them in their own beds when DH was home and Independent would be one of the first words I use to describe any of them.
    marbear98

Answer by marbear98 at 6:12 PM on Mar. 3, 2009