IT'S MY WEDDING!

Okay so here's my problem me and my s.o. are getting married June 13th of this year and I have my dress and so on but he isn't the kind of person to wear a tux and I don't feel like he should have to if he doesn't want to. Our wedding is outside so its not like he has to wear one, but everyone in his family is telling him he has to. I guess my question would be is how can I tell everyone that we want our wedding the way we want it and that what they say doesn't really matter?

leemarie18

Asked by leemarie18 at 5:12 PM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• just that. Its your wedding and you two have decided what you want. who cares if they dont like it. if you two are ok with him not wearing a tux then thats your choice.
    Anonymous

• Just tell them it's your wedding and you want it to be the happy day for the both of you, not everyone else. Just tell them you want them to stay out of it and be suprised!
    Anonymous

• this is kinda funny because my sil (Marie) is getting married on the beach in June. Her htb and the men in the party are wearing dress pants and dress shirts while the ladies are in full formal wear.

As for what to say just try for the polite but firm "thank you for your suggestion but we don't want the men to wear tuxs."
    chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 5:21 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• My in laws always had something for us to ask about. Is it going to be in a church, are you going to...... have you thought about .........
    I finally just told them we had not thought about it and we would let them know when we decided. Everything worked out great! We got married outside as well!
    ljlM

Answer by ljlM at 5:29 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• My husband didn't wear a tux, he wore a suit.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 5:32 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• exactly - just tell them. and then THAT'S IT. it is YOUR choice, not anyone else's. I can't stand when people's families try to butt in and plan their wedding for them! This is YOUR day and you two should do EXACTLY what you want to do. If you have to sit your family down and explain that they mean the world to you but that you really want to have YOUR wedding YOUR way. don't let them boss you around and don't be afraid to speak your mind!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 5:33 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Don't talk to them about it anymore. If they try to bring it up again, change the subject to the flowers or something. Then if they keep bugging you, Just say you already made arrangements for what he's going to wear and they can't be changed "So thank you for your input but we got it under control!"
    Anonymous

• You don't have to tell anyone anything. Just plan your wedding the way you want it. Let them give their two cents worth and just smile and say "thanks, we'll consider it' then do what you want to do.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:30 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• OMG I AM GETTING MARRIED THAT SAME DAY!!!!!!! THATS COOL! Anyways my DF isn't going to wear a tux either he is going to wear shorts which is perfect for him because it fits his personality, and I dont care what anyone says about it it our day not theirs if they dont like it oh well, just tell them its your day and you dont mind
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 10:09 PM on Mar. 2, 2009