What is going around...Is anyone having a sore throat or anything ?

I have been feeling horrible for the past few days.
Sore throat,fever,chills/yet feeling warm,cough.
Is a virus going around ?
Just needing to know if it' something that will pass or worth a visit to the doctor .
I'm 23 week pregnant and last week was in the ER for premature labor so do know if it's a go get seen or just rest and it will pass situation.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:22 PM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Around here it is pollen for sure..on the cars outside. The flu is going around here too! Sorry to tell ya...Don't know where you live..but could be there also. Call your doctor.
    heavenschild99

Answer by heavenschild99 at 5:26 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• my kids and i just got over that, its a HORRIBLEE!! virus going around, my mom has it, be careful it can turn into horrible things!! my moms friend just passed awway because it turned into that horrible thingyy something that starts with a "B" haha sorry i forgot
    youngmommy14297

Answer by youngmommy14297 at 5:26 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I feel the same way, sometimes the chills aren't there, but I'm fighting a sore throat and sinus pain. I assume it is a virus. But in your situation you should call your ob and ask if you should see a doctor- or maybe your ob would take a look at you- it is probably virus and not something anyone can help, but since you are expecting, perhaps you should get checked out.

Answer by Bmat at 5:28 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• OP HERE:
    I live in Wisconsin,so i think it's a bit early for pollen here,so must be a flu but,i will give a call and see what they say.
    It's just hard to get in real quick for a check up due to physician availability,so seeing if it can be done by home care first with rest,fluids.
    Anonymous

• i am not prego but i am having a bad sore throat when i wake up and i am coughing like real bad my tummy hurts but no diarrhea and im coughing up really thick dry like greenish phlegm and i am in Alabama i heard flu season is wide spread here so im sure it is that or maybe pneumonia

sauna26

Answer by sauna26 at 5:36 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• It is going around. My friend and her husband are both sick with the same thing (Pennsylvania). She gave birth a few days ago and when she called her doctor, her doctor said not to worry because the illness was due to the bug that is going around and not related to her giving birth. For you, since you were having complications, I think you should run your symptoms by your doctor just in case he/she wants you to take extra precautions.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 5:37 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• OP HERE: I called the clinic i get healthcare at and the nurse ran it by the doctor and i was told if i can hold out until Wednesday they will squeeze me in,which although i feel horrible having to wait i think is best since my history is known for better care.
    Anonymous

• Also in Wisconsin and something is definitely going around. Sore throat, painful coughing, fever, etc. I've been seeing variations of it, but all pretty much the same main symptoms. I've got family, friends and coworkers all in various stages of unwell.
    LittleSurprise

Answer by LittleSurprise at 6:15 PM on Mar. 2, 2009