I need some ideas on what to do for my little guy that is teething

teething 6 month old need some help

NicolePB

Asked by NicolePB at 5:24 PM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son loves a wet rag.
    yaffamommy

Answer by yaffamommy at 5:36 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• WELL A TEETHER IS ALWAYS GUD TO USE AND USIN AN INFANT TOOTH BRUSH IS ALWAYS HELPFUL TOO
    lilbrittney1710

Answer by lilbrittney1710 at 5:36 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Hyland's teething tablets worked very well for us.
    You can find them at most drugstores.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 5:37 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• all of the above. dd also liked my finger. whiskey works too (just a drop or two). frozen waffles. when older, take a go-gurt and freeze it. since it is a milk product, you may want to wait until ds is a little older.
    Anonymous

• All good ideas have tried them all. You can also take a wet wash rag the baby ones and then freeze it. As it thaws out it will still be wet and feel good to there gums. Mine is teething right now and we finally had to get a prescription from the doctor for some numbing meds cuz the ones you buy at the store wasn't working. Its a numbing med with three different things in it. Come to find out he is cutting 6 at one time so thats why he is in such a bad mood.
    luchousdiva

Answer by luchousdiva at 7:07 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• My daughter loved frozen apple (if you've introduced apple). Get a mesh feeder. Dice up apple chunks and freeze them. Throw the frozen apple chunks in the feeder and give it to him. He'll chew on it longer than he would a teether because it tastes good. I also got a star shaped vibrating teether at the grocery store that my daughter just LOVES. When they bite down on it, it vibrates which creates a numbing sensation. If you run across one, get it. So worth it!
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 9:01 PM on Mar. 2, 2009