What's your fondest memory of your father?

It can be something detailed or simple. It can have occurred at any age. You can even include more than one if you'd like.

tyheamma

Asked by tyheamma at 5:27 PM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Oh gosh, I have so many...my dad is amazing.

He was a police officer...and on my 8th birthday, the department was having a fundraiser and Daddy had to work it. He was locked inside a jail booth in Wal-Mart, and couldn't get out until a certain amount of money was raised. I was going there to buy me a toy I had wanted for months. I felt bad for him so I gave all of my birthday money to help get him out. Later that night, I got the toy that I was headed to Wal Mart to buy. :) He went back and bought it for me. :)

He was also there in the room when my DD was born. Seeing him nearly pass out (and he's seen some horrific things as a cop....) after catching a glance was hilarious.
    Emmy_Dollface

Answer by Emmy_Dollface at 5:32 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I have none.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 5:28 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• making cookies and melting the butter instead of softening it. the chocolate chips all melted but the cookies tasted good. Making my mom a b-day cake.. . .umm fishing. . . umm the smell of his dish soap (hated doing dishes though). . . oh. .. dead skunk song. . . Dead skunk in the middle of the road. . .
    chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 5:29 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Fishing and hanging Christmas lights. I also loved doing yard work and shooting guns with him!
    ljlM

Answer by ljlM at 5:32 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• well I have ALOT but my dad used to go around in short shorts & do the egyptian dance singing "I love little baby ducks, Army pickup trucks and dancing in the rain" lol I sure do miss him! Other than that on my 16 birthday he was able to come home from Iraq to see me ( I'm only 19)
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 5:35 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• My dad and I used to make enormous snowmen together. He's a land surveyor and we used to walk through the woods and he'd tell me what he knew about the properties and history of the area. He was the assistant coach for my JR. High basketball team. He worked 12 hours a day, 6 days a week but never missed a game 6th-12th grade for any sport that I did. He was tight with money but willing to spend a fortune if it was for a sport that I played so that he could come watch lol. He used to get upset at bogus calls the ref would make and almost got thrown out of a game for trying to hand the ref his glasses so the ref "could see better." lol. We just flew as a family to Illinois and my dad was helpful on the airplane with my son. He wanted to hold him all the time and talked to my 10 week old constantly. It was really cute and it showed me what he was like with me when I was a baby but too young to remember.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 5:50 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• all of them, but I guess it would be him walkig me down the aisle at my wedding, or the way his eyes light up when he sees my DD
    mommyBrooke849

Answer by mommyBrooke849 at 5:54 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• My dad was the most awesome man I have ever met. I have so many wonderful memories of him. The one that comes to mind at this moment was when he used to buy me little gifts and surprise me with them when I would get home from school. He was always so kind and gentle with me. I was very lucky. My husband is alot like him, so my kids are very lucky too.
    bellasrose71008

Answer by bellasrose71008 at 7:22 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I remember watching him work in the garage at home. He was cutting wood and I just loved the way the sawdust smelled and watching him turn wood into something useful.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 7:39 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I have so many!
    Building a GIANT toybox with him in the garage when I was 3 or 4, sledding with him and my brother at my uncle's farm(big ass hill) in the winter and fishing(pond at the top of big ass hill) in the summer, ect.
    ICPclwnLOV

Answer by ICPclwnLOV at 9:49 PM on Mar. 2, 2009