how can i do this?

okay, im due on March 10, have two kids
4 and 1
i have been having contractions, HORRIBLEE!!! ones
i cry whenever i have them and my kids always ask whats wrong and i try to tell them and they dont understand what is happening!
ive said it every wau possible, saying "your little sister is hurting mommy","your little sister is telling mommy to get me out of here".
its so hard to try to explain to them what is happening!
& they sit there and cry because they know mommy is in pain
so what do i do or how do i tell them in "kid" friendly nice language that there sister is trying to come out
or what should i do?
should i see if there dad can take them for a while
because i get these every
10 minutes or so
and i cant do a lot
so any advise what i can do?
thanks :)

youngmommy14297

Asked by youngmommy14297 at 5:30 PM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would not tell them that their little sister is hurting mommy. You don't want them to see their newborn sister as being "bad" or have doing something bad to their mother. I would just tell them that you're not feeling well. You don't necessarily have to associate it with the baby (I wouldnt' associate anything negative with the baby or let them know it is because of the baby). If they're crying, dad honestly should come get them for a while so you can "nap." (you don't have to take a nap, just tell them you are). It is important for you to tell them that you're fine but just not feeling well. They sound a little too young to be able to completely understand what's going on. I think for kids that young, all they need to know is that a baby is in mom's belly and when mommy goes to the hospital, the baby isn't in her belly anymore. How the baby gets out of there should be a mystery until they're old enough to udnerstand
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 5:35 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Good luck!
    NovemberLove

• no you should sit there and give birth infront of your kids.
    go get their dad dummy.
    Sunshine172

Answer by Sunshine172 at 7:31 PM on Mar. 2, 2009