I want a tattoo on mmy lower back

But almost 14 months ago they messed up my epidural and to this day I still have headaches and things. I was leaking spinal fluid so I had to have 2 blood patches done they achually think I may still be leaking spinal fluid so they are going to schedule me an MRI. I was wanting to know if I get a tattoo across my lower back if that will affect any with the headaches or if I am still leaking soinal fluid??? Also how bad does that hurt??? I don't do good with pain, but really want it. Do they or can they numb it??? Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:30 PM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• well the tattoo part is all i can answer...no they dont numb nothing unless your getting a percing, sometimes they will. yes it hurts, more like someone scratching the heck out of you and wont stop and i asked one time if it would hurt and they said "well it IS a needle and your piercing your skin with it!"
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 5:41 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• ask the doc.
    Anonymous

• I have a tattoo on my lower back and yes, it does hurt but after the first 5 minutes it doesnt hurt anymore. They can not numb it though, but if you have gave birth then you can handle the tattoo :)
    mommyBrooke849

Answer by mommyBrooke849 at 5:52 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• The tattoo needle goes into your skin, not your spinal column. It's more of an annoying scratching then pain. I would think for sanitary purposes, they wouldn't tattoo you if you were still leaking fluid.
    Anonymous

• aren't those called tramp stamps?
    Anonymous

• yes they are called tramp stamps. And how would they know I was leaking spinal fluid unless I were to tell them? They aren't just going to ask me that lol
    Anonymous

• I have a tattoo on my lower back it hurt for the first few minutes but then it goes numb ...
    LatinMamiOf2

Answer by LatinMamiOf2 at 9:58 PM on Mar. 2, 2009