Should I wait?

Okay ladies I have been writing a lot the last couple days with a couple different questions and if I could get help with this one to that would be great. I lost my plug like 3-4 days ago and my lower back has been killing me but now just within the last hour or so my back pain is getting way worse and I'm having contractions about 15mins apart but they aren't to bad yet and I'm getting really bad sharp pains down into my va jaja. Should I be calling L&D or just wait until things get worse?

leemarie18

Asked by leemarie18 at 5:32 PM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• L&D usually advises you to come in when your contractions have been 5-6 minutes a part for 45-60 min continuously OR if you've been leaking any clear, watery fluid. The pains in your vagina are most likely your cervix dialating due to the contractions. The reason they ask you to wait is because it is more comfortable to experience the begining parts of labor at home. You can call L&D to get advice but I'm guessing that's what they're going to tell you. Good luck and congrats!
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 5:40 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Well I live 45minutes from the hospital and I'm afraid that if I wait to long I wont make it
    leemarie18

Answer by leemarie18 at 5:42 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• If you are uncomfortable and worried about the time it will take to get there, I would call them. Explain your symptoms, tell them how long it has been going on etc, and they will let you know.
    Best of luck!
    NewMommyin06

Answer by NewMommyin06 at 5:46 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• if yu are hurting that bad i would go on in or call the doc and tell him/her good luck!!
    Mother_18

Answer by Mother_18 at 5:49 PM on Mar. 2, 2009