How can I get comfortable with my body

ever since I had me two year old son I haven't been able to get back to pre baby weight and this effects when me and me boyfriend have sex I always wrap a blanket around me or tell him to close his eyes because I feel that my body's not good enough. I know It bothers him. but I feel like he's judging me because of something stupid he says playing around earlier in the dayor something and I dwell on it. What should I do???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:52 PM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• you should look in the mirror and tell yourself how beautiful your body is until you start believing it. you body made a baby. that is what your baby can do for you, you can walk, run and enjoy life with it. don't let it effect your sex life. love is blind. so if your so loves you then he won't see what you see about your body.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 6:14 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Find a song by India Irie.... it's called Private Party..... play it everyday in the morning or when your by yourself. It's a song to help women celebrate just who they are, big small tall or little. I had the same issue as you until I liten it it everyday and now it's make me feel good about myself!!! Convo me if you want me to give you the link to it. It's a really good feel good song.
    If it's bothering your SO that your covering up then that's agood sign!!! That means he wants you for YOU and nothing else :-)
    Mommy2life

Answer by Mommy2life at 6:37 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I never take my clothes off. I feel like I look like Mrs Michelin with a tire belly. It bothers me but not him. I wear clothes that make me accessible but that I don't have to remove. I wear a lot of short skirts and button down tops or slinky lingerie where the straps can come down and the gown part can lift up. I also wear things like garter belts and corsettes to cover up what bothers me. He doesn't care if I'm clothed or not. He just wants sex!

Answer by admckenzie at 6:40 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• What does he say to make you feel uncomfortable?

Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 6:58 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Having a baby changes your body. Period. Try looking at it from a more positive aspect (if you can, I know it's difficult) - You CREATED LIFE. You CARRIED PRECIOUS CARGO FOR 9 MONTHS. Sure your body has changed as a result.

I think this society places too much importance on getting back to the pre-pregnancy weight and body. For MOST women, this is simply not possible. But we see women who have access to personal trainers and personal chefs (not to mention plastic surgery) getting their pre-baby bodies back and think we ALL should be able to do it. If your hubby is compounding this with the MISTAKE of teasing you then he needs to be told to STOP IT. NOW.

My hubby told me that if I gained a ton of weight from being pregnant he wouldn't care - I would still be ME.
    cat0325

Answer by cat0325 at 7:11 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Buy yourself a good straigtening iron, get a spray on tan and do your nails. its amazing what $20 worth of products can do to boost your confidence. I seriously doubt you are any less beautiful than you were prebaby. Its all how you see yourself. Give yourself a makeover and get your confidence back girl!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 9:30 PM on Mar. 2, 2009