• In the Spotlight:

In need of some encouragement

Hello everyone, my husband and I have been trying to concieve for the past eighteen months and have not had any luck, the doctor said that everything is fine with both my husband and me and its just timing...We have done everything and nothing seems to work, I am starting to get really frustrated! Are there any tricks we could try?? Encouragment anyone?

AnsleyClaire

Asked by AnsleyClaire at 6:09 PM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• My husband and I tried for 2 1/2 years. We went to a fertility specialist and nothing was wrong with either of us. We went on Clomid 2 years after we had been trying for 3 months, and it didn't work. One month before we were going to do Invitro, I got pregnant. I think you need to try not to stress about it. I know how hard that can be! The only reason I think I stopped stressing was because I knew we were going to try Invitro so there was no sense worrying about it anymore. But I realy do think that's what did it for us. We were still trying in the meantime, just not going crazy about it. I'm so sorry you're going through this. Just try to relax!
    Anonymous

• Have you tried charting your cycles? that can help pinpoint things a little bit. Try and relax, alot of women like prev poster get pg once their bodies arent so stressed out. Good luck, I hope things work out for you I know it is hard.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 7:52 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Stay in bed for like 20 min. after your done. Just lay down and relax for a little bit. It worked for me. Good luck!!
    dorishdsn1974

Answer by dorishdsn1974 at 7:55 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I am in the same situation as you although it's only been a year for us. The doctor says ours is all timing too. He drives a semi and is gone all week so we only see each other on the weekend, and so far we haven't hit the right time of the month. It does get very discouraging. I can understand that. I can't tell you how to deal with that because I'm not doing too well myself. There are days I find myself crying because of it and my SO assures me it will happen. We both want this so badly. Good luck to you though!!!
    Proudmomof82008

Answer by Proudmomof82008 at 9:15 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I used an ovulation test kit to figure out my cycles- this helped us a lot. Don't get discouraged & good luck : )
    litstargazer

Answer by litstargazer at 11:04 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• We just started to try and conceive and decided together to have sex every other day, minimum. Not just to conceive, but for pleasure too. Well that took a lot of the pressure off and now for the past couple weeks, I have been relaxed and feel I will get pregnant. In fact, I do feel some slight symptoms, but that may be due to a cold.

Just have sex every other day and you will be sure to get pregnant as long as you relax and don't think about it as a project you have to do (sex for baby = stress city!!). Also, if you try to chart the fertility days, your personal body may be different from any charts and you may miss your pregnancy chance that month. So, plan on good old fashioned lovemaking every other day and you will be fine. Good luck to you (and me!!).
    SufiMajik

Answer by SufiMajik at 11:18 AM on Mar. 3, 2009