What can I do? ( c-section moms with other kids)

I'm having my third c-section. My MIL was supposed to stay with us after we got out of the hospital to help out, cook and take care of our toddler. My Hubby can't take off and there is no one else. My MIL has to have surgery and can't come..... now what? There's no way I can take care of my two year old a new baby and cook for us.....

AshJoe05

Asked by AshJoe05 at 6:19 PM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Can you cook a few meals now and put them in the freezer? Also, do you have a friend or neighbor that might be able to help?
    Anonymous

• you don't have any other family members or close friends around? I have sil that lives not to far thats gonna take my daughter during the day for a week. Even just part of the day would help you out! You could rotate people if you have enough around you so that it doesn't overwhelm them. A mommys day out would even be another option if you don't have anything else. Do you have a grandmother or anybody else that could stay with you during this time?
    kinzleysmommy

Answer by kinzleysmommy at 6:27 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Kinzley- No, I mean there is no one. We just moved here for my Husband's school and only have 1 friend which is at least helping with our dog. That friend can't help in any other way......
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 6:29 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I think your stressing out about this way too much! There are tons of people that do it. Like anon 625 said - cook your meals ahead of time and freeze them. your baby will sleep a lot that you should have that big of a problem. I'm about to go through this and i'm not scared at all. You sound really stressed. Just calm down and make sure you include your toddler in everything. Let them help you change the diaper. You could send them to get things for you . . . make it fun!
    Anonymous

• I had a grandparent offer to take my daughter for a week or two so that we could adjust. That might be another option. We chose not to do that because we wanted her to get used to the situation but if your worried that might help.
    kinzleysmommy

Answer by kinzleysmommy at 6:35 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Anon- Yes, I am stressed b/c my first c-section was VERY hard to recover from, I needed help even in the bathroom. The second I had a stillborn and family did take my now two year old. Recovery wasn't as bad physically. This time there is no one around and my son is really energentic... and it's my third so I'm not sure what to expect. I wish my Hubby could stay longer, he stayed 2 weeks with my son. *sighs* We don't live by family, we just moved here a few months ago... We do have church friends that might be able to help, not sure..... :o(
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 6:44 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• i have a 3 year old and i had my other son 5 weeks ago and I hd no help also my BF could not take off from work because he already took many days off for my c-section day. This is my 2nd c-section so what i did was when the baby was sleep i made my son take a nap and cooked and get other things off. I didnt think it was hard at all with no help. when my BF came home he took over. So u can start cookin when ur hubby gets home. Goodluck!
    effie777

Answer by effie777 at 7:09 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• i'm stressin' the same way. i have no idea how i'm gunna take care of my 17 month old with a c section.. ask for extra pain medication or something maybe ? who knows? i don't know.. i'm gunna do it.. SOMEHOW...
    Sunshine172

Answer by Sunshine172 at 7:29 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Well i was in the same postion my hubby had to work and could not help out as much so i hired a personal assisstant for the first week and a half after i was home..She helped with cooking cleaning laundry and taking care of the little ones when i needed to rest. It wasent cheap it was right at about 700 for the time that she helped out but i must say that it was well worth it she helped so much and i am still very good friends with her and use her to sit now and again....Hope this helps..
    proundmomof6

Answer by proundmomof6 at 7:30 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I wish I could afford 700 dollars for an asisstant but that would take my Hubbys whole paycheck..... I guess I'll make it somehow..... Thanks for all the suggestions!
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 7:41 PM on Mar. 2, 2009