• In the Spotlight:

Is there a web site with lagitimate home based businesses?

Please help, my daughter wants to start something, but we will not try anything without research!

twmac

Asked by twmac at 6:19 PM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Money & Work

• I have a WONDERFUL home business! We have over 400 health and wellness product including our NEW Organic Chocolate that helps people lose up to 1 lb a day! We have INCREDIBLE support and training! If you would like more information, please visit my profile and feel free to call me with ANY questions!! This is definitely the BEST home business that I have seen and the most lucrative too!

KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 6:23 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Oh I forgot to mention...it's only $10 to join!
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 6:25 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Not if you have to pay anything. DON'T.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 6:28 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Yeah, anything you have to pay for...is a scam!
    Anonymous

• Any business has expenses whether it's home based or otherwise.

Of course there are scams out there, but they certainly aren't all scams. All I'm saying is that it's important to do the research and get the facts.
    Anonymous

• any legitimate business will not ask you to pay for anything either.

Anonymous

• I completely disagree! Direct Sales is a Legitimate business with great benefits like tax write offs. Here is a good news broadcast from NBC: http://tinyurl.com/ce7j8g You will find that you can either work a Home business with usually has some sort of start up fee that usually includes a website and a new distributor kit, or Surveys, GPT sites, which pay NOTHING. You can start your own business such as childcare or errand service. In my years of research, Direct sales is a complete package if you choose the right company. You literally are buying a business that is ready to go...all you need to do is work. Just because there is a start up fee doesn't mean it's a scam....when you buy a franchise, you have to pay at LEAST $30,000 up front! Wouldn't you rather pay a fraction of that and have you OWN business??

KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 6:42 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I have a great home based business with DiamondCreek Candles; it's free to sign up and there are no contracts or quotas to meet ever!!! Take a look!

http://www.diamondcreekcandles.com/reps/staci1228.php
    Jerseymom1228

Answer by Jerseymom1228 at 6:57 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I have to agree on KaceesMom! Direct sales is not a scam. Do your research first before you invest. But no respectful company would allow you to sell their products, without some sort of an investment from you. A work at home JOB is different than a work at home Business.
    You are welcome to come join my group for lots of great ideas on working from home.
    Inspiring Mom’s to Work from Home!
    http://www.cafemom.com/group/InspiringWAHM
    ~Shay
    jewelrylady98

Answer by jewelrylady98 at 7:10 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• ANY legit home business will have some sort of investment. You wouldn't expect to open your own business in your town without an investment first, same thing for a home business. Plus, with a home business you will have soooo many tax deductions you will see a huge increase in your tax refund! The reason that people say "if you have to pay anything its a scam" is because they don't understand the difference between a home business and a home job. A home business will ALWAYS have an investment, but you should NEVER have to pay for a home job if you are an employee of someone else. Most people have a home business because a home job is almost impossible to find! Your daughter needs to find something that she is passionat about and then put her whole heart into her business!
    sassyhettel

Answer by sassyhettel at 7:58 PM on Mar. 2, 2009