Does anyone freak out about major purchases, even if it's a good deal.

This last week our dryer stopped working, and we were gonna just try to fix it, but went to the appliance store and saw a stackable washer and dryer we just loved. But the dryer alone was $700 but they had the same dryer just different color on clearance marked down to $320 because it was the display model and the matching dryer had already sold. Well we ended up getting it but only after talking to my mom, my MIL, and my 2 best friends and having all of them and my husband telling me we'd be stupid not to get it, but i was still freaking out. Now i've adjusted to the idea that the money is gone, and we did really need it, but i almost have an anxiety attack when it comes to spending large portions of money, is anyone else this way, or am i just weird.

FinleyFirst

Asked by FinleyFirst at 6:23 PM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Oh I feel the same way! We just bought a glider for $450. It's a great glider! But $450???? However, we bought one at Wal-Mart, and like everything you buy at Wal-Mart, it fell apart in 3 months. I rock my baby to sleep 3 times a day in it, everyday, so we figured we mine as well get a great one. Plus we plan on having more kids so it'll last for a long time.
    Anonymous

• Yes- I do that when I buy anything thats not groceries lol.
    abigail824

Answer by abigail824 at 8:50 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I do too, I usually have to have my hubby with me. I guess growing up on the poor side has made me really want to hang onto my money. So I make him buy it! even though the money is half mine it is just easier to make him give them the debit card!
    Phyleva

Answer by Phyleva at 9:23 AM on Mar. 4, 2009