Dill Pickle soup??

I have searched high and low for a dill pickle cheese soup recipe and I cannot find one anywhere..Does anyone have one? without carrots or celery?

It was served at an old restaurant we used to go to and it was their biggest hit...

mamakirs

Asked by mamakirs at 6:29 PM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Food & Drink

• gee, to think I almost didn't click on this because I thought you had your answer! I guess not!. sorry some folks are so close minded. I have made that soup many times! It is quite good!!!.
    If you wan't to cheat, use canned cream of chicken and add chopped pickles. I have never used cheese in mine. however.....here is a link to 3 recipes
    http://www.recipesource.com/cgi-bin/search.cgi?search_string=dill+pickle+soup&filter=off&dir=.%2Fethnic%2Feurope%2Fpolish
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 12:43 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• throwing up

Anonymous

• classy!! and thanks for the help
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 7:06 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• That sounds really interesting. My son loves pickles, maybe he might like this! Anyway, I did a search on recipezaar and it came up with 10 different recipes, I haven't looked at them, but maybe one of them is like what you are looking for. Here is the url: http://www.recipezaar.com/recipes.php?s_type=%2Frecipes.php&q=dill+pickle+soup&Search=Search
    kimmykim

Answer by kimmykim at 7:46 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• by the way, if one of those is what you are looking for, can you let me know which one, so that I can try it. :)
    kimmykim

Answer by kimmykim at 7:48 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Thanks Kim.. I have been all over the danged net trying to find one that sounds right...however I never made the dang stuff so who knows right? *laughs* I am telling you..it sounds nasty...even I didn't try it for a long time...but it is wonderful. People would come from all over just to have it...
    I will check those out and see if I can come up with something..
    Thanks again
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 10:43 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• cheese and dill pickles..... these arrreee a fewww of my faaaavorriiiittttteee thiiiiiiiiiiiingggggs!

That sounds delicious to me actually.....
    BatGirl1415

Answer by BatGirl1415 at 1:53 AM on Mar. 3, 2009