Is it too soon?

My son is 5 months and 1 week. He has been rolling over for about three weeks but has really been doing it A LOT in the last week or so. His last few naps when I go check on him or get him up from nap he has been on his side or tummy. Is that ok? I mean he gets there on his own. I think I'm just freaking out because it seems like everything is happening soooo much faster then it did with his big sister.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:41 PM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Just make sure you continue to put him to bed on his back..what he does after you leave the room is fine.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 8:57 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• he should be fine as long as he can life his head and move freely I would not worry about it ... from the sounds of things he is very mobile... My ped told me as ling as they can life them selves on their arms they are fine to sleep on their tummy!!!!.. if if you are very concerned I would talk to your ped
    Moma_bear

Answer by Moma_bear at 6:44 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Once they're able to roll over on their own --- it's generally considered safe. (not that you could stop them if you tried). My kids were all belly-sleepers from birth ---- wouldn't sleep on their sides or backs for ANYTHING.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 7:00 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I would just make sure his crib is free of anything that could cover is face (like stuffed animals). All three of my kids were belly-sleepers too. It was the only way to get more then 30 minutes of sleep a night.
    marbear98

Answer by marbear98 at 6:07 PM on Mar. 3, 2009