Does anyone know how I could decorate a bedroom for a 4 year old girl and a baby boy?

We live in a two bed room house. I am due in July and we can't seem to sell our house in this housing crisis. Some how we need to make due with a family of four in an 844 sq ft house?

msaltmomof2

Asked by msaltmomof2 at 6:42 PM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Home & Garden

• What about a garden scene?
    You can combine flowers & butterflies & faries with frogs & dragonflies & turtles.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 6:55 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Jungle theme? More wild animals in his corner, more flowers and birds in hers if you want.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 7:26 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I think Raggedy Ann & Andy would be cute. I have a 3yr old boy and a 2 yr old girl and I'm thinking of doing them a room together. They each have their own room, but they are always ending up together anyway. If I do, it'll be Raggedy Ann and Andy.

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 9:58 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• A jungle bedroom would be really cute. You could do big pretty colorful butterflies around the girls bed and still have girly in the room but it not be a girls room! You could do the boyish things around your sons bed like snakes/insects/tigers etc to give his area a more masculine feel! All kids love jungle theme and luckily jungle is soooo easy to find! Its also really easy to incorporate a vast array of colors :) Anything nature wise you could do this with. Or maybe do a castle room and have Knights and Princesses? If there is a show your son likes you could do it, like blues clues say you could do her side in magneta stuff and his in blues? (just an example!) Or Wizard of Oz always makes a cute unisex room too! Have fun with it! Theres no reason bc a boy and girl share a room that you can't deck it out in boy and girl things and it still be cool for both kids! Let me know how it turns out!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 11:50 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• how about a gender neutral theme ... like a park scene... i am doing a sky sorta theme for my nursery, cloud bedding, airplane mobile, etc... it can be done fem and male... animals are neutral.. let them chose like pets/ jungle animals.. you could do a dragon/princess/ castle/ fairy tale theme. you could do a basic preschool theme with an ABC/123 bedding set... really the possibilities are endless.

AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:42 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I'm thinking Jungle... The idea of More animals in his corner and More flowers and butterflies in hers is a GREAT idea. Maybe Safari (Same as Jungle really), Cats, Dogs, Horses with some butterflies scattered maybe... Animals are always an option. FROGS are adorable for girls or Boys, as well as Ducks!! Good Luck!
    HeatherM0529

Answer by HeatherM0529 at 6:31 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I love the Raggedy Ann and Andy idea, but, I thought after age 5 yrs. old boys and girls couldn't share bedrooms,is there a way, your daughter can have a privacy screen on her side. I do think the room should be very nice,whatever you decide to do. CONGRATS ON YOUR PREGNANCY.
    Anonymous

• my children share a room. my daughter is 6 and my son is 2. we don't have a choice being that our house is only 2 bdrm ....when he was a baby we had his side of the room and hers. we just made sure they color cordinated. last weekend we went to ikea and bought lower to the ground bunk beds. he has a cars/trucks comforter and she has flowers/butterflies...they have a lot of the same colors in their bedding. then we just hung of pics of them in their room and framed their artworksl it looks cute. hope this helps
    SophieDrewsMom

Answer by SophieDrewsMom at 9:18 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I like the jungle theme. Both boys and girls enjoy animals! :)
    toomanypoodles

Answer by toomanypoodles at 6:32 AM on Mar. 5, 2009