My ex-bf wants to be in the delivery room when I have the baby, and I want him to be there but I think I mostly want him there because I wish we were still together. Should I allow him to be there to see the birth of his child? Or should I tell him no to protect my heartache?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:46 PM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You have to put your feelings aside now. This child is now the most important thing in your life. Having his Father miss the birth if he truly wants to be there would be very selfish.
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 6:48 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• i dont think you should make him miss out on the birth of his child because of that. you should let him be in there.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 6:47 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• you need to do whatever feels right to you. nobody on this site can tell you what that is.
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 6:47 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• IMO I think he should be there, I think every father has a right to see their child born, as for you you just need to remind yourself it's over unless you guys are trying to work things out
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 6:47 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• if you guys get along and there arnt any issues other then you maybe still having feelings for him i dont think its fair that he misses the birth of his baby.
    you guys are tied together for life now you might as well get used to seeing him all the time.
    Anonymous

• I think it's about the baby. Being the father, he should be there if he wants to be. I know it'll be hard but you should put your feelings aside for the childs birth.
    kinzleysmommy

Answer by kinzleysmommy at 6:49 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I agree with the previous 2 posters. Learn now that no matter your feelings for him, the best interest of the child is what matters.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 6:50 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• no he should be there. The only reason to say no is if he is dangerous.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 6:51 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I think he should be there, maybe it will be good for you two to experience it together
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 6:53 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I would say that it depends on how his presence there will effect you. I personally wouldn't allow someone into the delivery room who wasn't there to help me get through child birth. If all he's wanting is to see his child take it's first breath, just bring a video camera or have someone take pictures. If his purpose in being there is to be your support and to help you get through child birth I would consider it. Father's have only been watching thier children be born for the last 20 years or so, it wouldn't hurt a thing if he had to wait a few minutes after it's born before he sees it.
    I don't know if you've been through child birth before, but IMO it's no walk in the park.
    Anonymous