• In the Spotlight:

Anyone else's little one...?

have really bad gas? Mylittle girl has what I call "grown man gas". Seriously, I never know if its her or my husband. And its all day everyday. I don't really eat anything that should be giving her gas. And its been like this from day 1. She is breastfed. My friends said that their babies didn't have gas half as bad as she does. I've made an appt with her pedi because its starting to concern me! And sometimes she seems uncomfortable with it, and sometimes it doesn't phase her...

wishwish

Asked by wishwish at 6:57 PM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Its normal! My DD is breastfed and she has horrible smelling gas. Its worse than my husbands! It probably is something you are eating that is giving her gas that may not give you or any adult gas. Its hard to know what it is you're eating though. Mylocon drops(however you spell them) didn't work for my DD, but the doctor said its fine if she's gasy and if it smells if her poops are still soft.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 7:02 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I think it depends on the baby. I'm babysitting a baby right now who has gas exactly how you describe it and she is fine. My daughter didn't have that problem (her problem was getting the gas out!)
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 8:54 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• My 6 month-old, too. Nothing to worry about if she's not uncomfortable. For us it started when she started only pooping once a week for some inexplicable reason (around 4 months). Doc said no worries.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 9:35 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• My DS had bad gas until about 4 months. We'd laugh when we'd hear all of the "toots" coming out over the baby monitor. Once his digestive system matured the gas lessened considerably.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:02 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• My oldest had really bad gas as an infant. She would only pooh once each morning and the rest of the day it was gas. Most times people always thought she had poohed. As long as she is not uncomfortable it should be fine.
    marbear98

Answer by marbear98 at 5:58 PM on Mar. 3, 2009