How do I control my frustration over my ex posting photos of my sonograms on his Facebook for friends to congratulate him when he hasn't even participated in my pregnancy? Setting his on an "ignore" setting isn't working and it's really riling me that people will congratulate a man for basically donating sperm & then turning the cold shoulder.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:02 PM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• How did he get the sonograms if he hasn't participated?

I mean no offense... but if you let him come to the sonogram & he got his own there or if you gave him the sonogram, you had to know he'd show it off to everyone.

That's just what ya do with a sonogram.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 7:04 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• He pulled it off my Facebook page.
    Anonymous

• Have you given him the opportunity to participate? Maybe this is a sign that he is interested in being a part of the baby's life.
    sparrowprincess

Answer by sparrowprincess at 7:25 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Is it his choice to not participate, or is it yours that he not be involved? I mean, did you ask him if he'd like to go with you? Have you talked to him about how he feels, how you feel, etc? It is his child too, maybe his feelings about all of this are different than how you think. You should really just talk to him...not on facebook or through a text message, but really TALK to him. Set up a time to get together & talk about everything going on. Ex or not, this is a child made by both of you, he has just as much right as you to participate, both emotionally & physically.
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 7:27 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• You may want to make your Facebook page private, and "unfriend" him. Or block him from having any access to your photo albums (you can customize settings so that specific people are blocked from viewing your photos) so he can't put any pull any more photos off your Facebook page.

You also should try to talk to him about why he did it. Is he actually excited about the pregnancy now that he's seen the sonogram picture? Does he want to be more involved? Has he got some sort of ulterior motive?
    jilby

Answer by jilby at 9:08 PM on Mar. 2, 2009