How is it that he pees up his back?

My little boy is 6 days old and twice today he has pee'd through his outfit. . And he's not wet in front or on the bottom. . . He ends up with a huge wet spot on the middle of his back. . How does he possibly manage this?

mandar

Asked by mandar at 7:06 PM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my boy does that too??????
    Anonymous

• It flows down between his legs and then the liquid moves it's way up the diaper. Try adjusting the diaper a bit to make it slightly higher in the back than the front... that will help catch the overflow. Also, if he's somewhat near the next size "up" ... try getting a small package of the next size and see if that makes a difference. The other thing to keep in mind is different diapers fit different babies better. You can also try changing the brand you use to see if that helps. My son always did fine in Pampers, but I know of other boys (and girls, too) who did better in Huggies or White Cloud or Luvs. Your best bet is to experiment a bit and see what works best for you.
    cat0325

Answer by cat0325 at 7:17 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Hehehe. My son did/does that too. It still happens but less times. I went thru a lot more diapers in the first couple of weeks. Now it is kind of average. He likes to pee when he is on the changing table now and he thinks it s really funny.
    mommylovesu28

Answer by mommylovesu28 at 7:55 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• That happened to my LO a lot in the beginning!! It was because I would leave his penis pointed up towards his stomach or his diaper was too loose. Jus make sure his penis is pointed DOWN and the diaper is on snug enough. that should fix that little problem
    miss_carolina

Answer by miss_carolina at 11:30 PM on Mar. 2, 2009