How do I get over seeing my ex now go out on dates, knowing eventually he's going to want to include getting to know my son as a part of the test these dates must pass? (I should mention that I'm clearly not over losing him and so part of this is probably my personal sadness and part of it is my parental frustration. I know the difference and can separate them but it makes dealing with this topic uniquely difficult.)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:09 PM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• there is no trick.. You just have to do it. Accept it and move on. Blast some "I'm single and loving it" type music, eat a lot of junk food, and just know that things happen for a reason.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 7:11 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Well it sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders and that you have thought this through. It's always hard to have your child introduced to another woman, but know that you are always going to be his Mama, he is always going to love you more than any other woman (except maybe his wife someday) If your ex is as level headed as you are it seems as though he wouldn't let someone around your son that he didn't trust. Always remember that a child can never have enough people in their lives who love them. Good Luck to you sweetie I know and understand EXACTLY how you feel.
    Anonymous

• When I was a child and my parents were going thru the same thing I only met their dates after they were very serious...heading towards moving in/marriage. This saved me alot of confusion as a child. I ended up meeting three people total and two of those three have been my stepmom and stepdad for 25 yrs+. Just something to think about...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:59 AM on Mar. 3, 2009