Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

There is a girl who lives across the street from me with her boyfriend and his mother..

I wouldn't say that we are "friends" But I have known her since she has moved in over there. She is 18 and her boyfriend is bad news!! I know for a fact that he is snorting heroin she has told me. She is also 38 weeks pregnant like me and has no one to talk to so I told her that she can come over if she needs to get away. I have tried to get her to leave this guy but she is so alone and scared . The relationship is textbook verbally abusive and she defends him constantly. It is not my business but I am scared for this baby when she comes in that environment. The boyfriends mother is not helping the situation either, she complains about her sons habit and attitude but does nothing about it and sometimes gives him money to get his fix according to the girlfriend. Do I stay out of it or do I report it? Can I report the situation or do I need to wait until something bad happens to her or the baby, Help


Asked by Anonymous at 7:12 PM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Relationships

This question is closed.
Answers (6)
  • If you call social services to check on the house. The child will more than likely go into custody. The guy will get busted for heroin use. But will it be a slap on the wrists or a good sentence. They will probably make her earn the child back by going to a series of parenting and counseling services. They will know someone called on them and if they think it over good and clear they will know who it is. But I think your consience will keep you up at night and I already know what you intend to do. You have my support. I was once in a similiar situation with the girl in the apartment next door. I ended up having to leave cause child services could not find enough evidence to take the child.

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:56 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

  • Doing drugs is illegal and if he does it in the house, then I think you can report that activity.
    But if it's not in the housse, then I'm not sure what you can do.
    where would this girl go if her boyfriend went to jail? He'd not go for long and most of these girls hang around and wait for their boyfriend to get out of jail and come back to them.

    Be there for her as much as you can and let her know if he ever gets physically abusive you'll call the cops on him.

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:17 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

  • I would report it if you can, save that baby from having to deal with any of that - how sad!

    Answer by JAJA_Steele at 7:19 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

  • I'm sure you will do what you think is right.

    Answer by admckenzie at 7:34 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

  • id call the cops adn tell them whats going on. they will investigate it and take it from there

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:31 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

  • The thing is that if you call the cops they have to have cause to search his house for drugs then they have to prove that they belong to him before they can press charges. He has to agree to be tested for drugs, which of course if he is arrested he won't, then they'd have to get a blood search warrant which I seriously doubt your police dept would actually spend the time on. Sad but true. If he did get jail time, assuming it is first time, possession of a controlled substance might not even get him jail time. Thats how it is in my state...hed get probation which would cost a ton of money which would take money away from that poor baby... If you call CPS they won't do anything til the baby is born and likely won't then. Besides where would the baby go? Foster care? She could go to a woman's shelter etc but I seriously doubt she'd go. Thats the sad thing about abuse of any kind. We need better laws for our kids!

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:26 PM on Mar. 2, 2009