Did your ex have his child support adjusted after he had another child? Would this bother you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:13 PM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• He should pay equal to all
    Anonymous

• It wouldn't bother me. If he has more than one child to take care of the child support should be adjusted for that. They children deserve the same.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 7:16 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I don't have an ex ... but your ex should have taken into account the child he ALREADY HAD before having another one. The child support should NEVER be reduced simply because a man has another child. He knew about the first one before he created the second one - if he has a hardship to pay for both that's HIS problem and not the children's and he should go out and get a second job. I don't understand why he would be allowed to take money away from an existing child just becuase he got some other woman pregnant. That's NOT fair to the existing child.
    cat0325

Answer by cat0325 at 7:29 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• No I agree with the first person. Some things are just not fair like that I get $75 because I make more than I ex while other women get $$$. Yes it shoul be reduced!
    Anonymous

• yes it should be reduced. I too agree with the first poster.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 8:15 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• It bothers me! My ex was married twice before me and has a child by each one. The first ex wife gets $300+, seconde gets $200+ and I get $100. It is not right that one child gets more. I was told theres nothing I can do unless he makes more money.
    yldflwr

Answer by yldflwr at 8:23 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• The court decides what people get or don't get. I doubt the court would do something that's harmful to one child and in favor to another. The child support will be divided between the two children now, even if he's living with that child. He still needs to care for this other child. So yes, new children should always be taken into account, and if that means your child support drops then so be it.

MomOfJandM

Answer by MomOfJandM at 12:02 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I do not think the child support should change. My ex cannot have children with anyone else because he had an irreversible vasectomy 10 yrs. ago. but if he could, I see no reason why our children should have to do with less just because he was to decide to have more children with someone else. That is his problem.
    bookworm65

Answer by bookworm65 at 5:22 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• it should be reduced he has more than one child i dont see a big deal. altho my mom raised the child support for me after my half brother was born because she had 2 kids to take care of. but im sure if he had another kid he would have lowered it
    ilovenoah26

Answer by ilovenoah26 at 12:04 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• No he didn't. My court order was there first and I still get 17 1/2% of his income each week. I would be upset if I got less because he decided to have another child. He is still responsible for my son. As a matter of fact, as soon as I know that he is back working again, I am taking him back to court to get more money. He is supposed to have health insurance on my son and pay 50% of out of pocket medical and in the last 12 years, he has done neither. Also, $50 a week cover nothing. Half of that is school lunches.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 3:40 PM on Mar. 3, 2009