How to tell family we are expecting another baby

I am currently 18 weeks pregnant. We have not told my family yet due to complications and high risk of m/c in beginning of pregnancy. We have told husbands family and they are excited. I am worried about telling my mom as when I was pregnant with #2 her comments was "what are you going to do about it". Any advice

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:22 PM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Honestly my mom was the same way with baby #3 for us, and what worked for us (I was terrified to tell her) was my husband told her on the phone away from me so I couldnt listen and told her that if she couldnt be supportive not to call or ask how I was and he didn't want to her say anything negative about it and reminded her that she would love the baby eventually before it was born anyway and not to waste her time. He never told me her reaction and I am glad I don't know. Anyway she called me in a bout a week after she had absorbed everything and never said a bad word tword me. Not sure if your situation is that drastic or not but it dod work for me.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 7:47 PM on Mar. 2, 2009