I am 18 & 15 weeks pregnant! I need help...

Hi! So I'm 18 I do have a boyfriend but I still live with my mom but in my moms house lives my sister who I can't stand never have never will just lately, we been getting into arguments I feel like I hater her so much(my mom says it's the hormones because I just go off on her for reasons that I never have before and we've never gotten along). I'm just scared because I get so furious I almost end beating her up sometimes & when I get soo mad I seem to forget about my growing baby in my stomach & when Im over it I feel like I've hurt my baby it's just that i get super mad! Does this affect the baby or is it normal because of the hormones I've never felt this mad or hate for somebody before I even get surpsrised sometimes because I've never liked my sister but never gone off on her the way I do now! HELP! =[ Im scared for my baby, how can I control this?

sandy_r

Asked by sandy_r at 7:33 PM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Bad behavior is never okay. Your hormone levels are surging and they can affect the way we percieve things. The bottom line though is we are all responsible for our own behavior. Stress and anger has been shown to effect a fetus. Many women go into preterm labor during emotionally stressful events. Learn to walk away, go scream into a pillow. Ignore her. Be the better person and let it go. Your other option is to move out. If you don't learn to deal with your anger now you will have a rough time raising a child.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:37 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• You need to get away from whatever situation is causing you to act this way and get someone to talk to before you do hurt your baby. I have had anger issues in the past (also in my younger days) and it is something you really need to deal with before becoming a parent. It may very well be your hormones leaving you more sensitive than usual, but it is not healthy for you , your sister, or your baby. Find someone to talk to and if you have to, move out to take yourself out of the situation if you find you absolutely can not controll your emotions around her. I am relieved that you are at least asking for opinions and hopeful that you will find help, it is the first step and I am confident you will do the right thing if you have already given it this much thought. Good luck!
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 7:41 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• The "bad energy" inside of you shouldnt affect the baby but if something ever happened that you hit your tummy or you fell, then it could hurt the baby. Just to be sure, you should try not to instigate the problems or not let them bother you. (even if they do...) it will be better in the long run... Some people say that if you are more stressed while pregnant that your baby may be more stressed later in life... and vice versa
    Mamakat90

Answer by Mamakat90 at 7:41 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• thank you soo much! i will start working on it for the sake of my baby! i also wanted to add on my previous question my sister and do argue often but not to bad sometimes. it has only been twice that ive almost punched her while me being pregnant but this last time that i got into an argument with her i started getting a pain in my lower left abdomen. i tried to calm down as soon as i started feeling it! what does it mean? i felt like bubbles almost if the baby was moving.
    sandy_r

Answer by sandy_r at 8:03 PM on Mar. 2, 2009