Help with my ugly hair? hairdressers/stylists

I have staright staright hair...in the front! The back is very wavy no matter what I do. Even with a straightning iron or blowdryer it doesnt get striaght like the front. Would having it professionally/chemically straightned be a waster of time? Does that actual work without destroying or frying it? Also, I am 27 weeks pregnant. Not sure if that make a difference either.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:33 PM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• i don't know about your hair, but personally i wouldn't do anything like that while pregnant. you may want to start using the spell check feature to get your point across more clearly.
    Anonymous

• NO, don't put chemicals in your hair while pregnant,just pulled it back,or flat-iron it. CONGRATS ON YOUR PREGNANCY.
    lady-t3984

Answer by lady-t3984 at 8:09 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• What else do you have on your hair? If you already have had color, highlights, or any other kind of chemical service (within the last 1-2 YEARS), i wouldnt recommend chemically straightening it. It is damaging to your hair, which is why your hair should be as healthy as it can possibly be before you do it. IMO - it might be easier for you to get a body wave all over and work with the wave in the back of your hair rather than trying to straighten it (the straighteners dont always work as well as they should, especially if not applied correctly). Or, just get a better flat-iron for the back (the absolute best is the CHI - it will make your hair super flat). When u iron, make sure you do it in small sections, isolating your problem areas. That will get it the straightest. Ohh, and make sure you use good product so you dont fry your hair - please!!! lol. And i wouldnt do a chem service like that while preggers. Sry =)
    KeikoRose

Answer by KeikoRose at 11:11 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I completely agree with the previous poster... get a Chi! I used probably 8-10 different straightening irons over a 5 year period, before i got my chi. Nothing seemed to work... my hair always regained it's waive after an hour or so. With my chi, that I bought a year and a half ago, I straighten my hair twice a week. That's it! It never re-curls and it takes a LOT less effort to get it straight than the less expensive brands. It's the best beauty investment I've ever made.
    FoSho

Answer by FoSho at 5:42 AM on Mar. 4, 2009