do you think it's right to get your childrens ears peirced?

I don't because I think they should be old enough to be able to take care of it on their own, and actually realize what it is lol. Cause you figure some babies would pull at them. JMO though.

Jessica1991

Asked by Jessica1991 at 7:39 PM on Mar. 2, 2009 in General Parenting

• I think it's wrong to get them done. I think that when the childs old enough they can decide if they want them done.
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 7:48 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• both of my kids had there ears done early
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 7:41 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I can't believe someone is going to debaste this again on here for the umpteen billionth time. Doesn't anyone EVER check out frequently asked questions?
    Anonymous

• I agree. Wait until they care enough to want earrings!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 7:41 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• No but I have been told that waiting until they are 7 and able to get it done by a tatoo parlor is better then the Malls aka Clair's.

Clair's use the same gun for all years without sterlizing.....think about it.
    racingmomma

Answer by racingmomma at 7:42 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I got my daughter's done at 3 months. I liked knowing that she would never remember it (I was bawling and hysterical with fear when I got mine done at about 10) and that I would be the one to take care of them properly. I probably wont do it again though because once my daughter turned about 2, she wouldn't leave them in and they're closed now and we'll have to get them re-done anyway.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 7:43 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I got my daughter's done when she was 4 or 5 months old. She has never played with them once and she is 18 months now.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 7:49 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• We waited till both of our children asked for them and then we waited till they asked for them more than just the one to make sure they were sure. We wanted it to be there choice. They were both pretty young but knew they wanted them.
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 7:59 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• i dont think its wrong to get a babies ears peirced, but i am not going to rush in and get my daughters. at least not at this point.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 8:27 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• i got my daughters done when she was 3 months!! they look sooo adorable!! and the way i see it, is, why not get it done and over with, and when theyre older if they dont like them they can take them out!! instead of "remembering" the pain..lol..my daughter cried for like 5 seconds, and that was it..never had any problems or complications, she never tugged at them nothing! it went smooth..and i will do the exact same thing with any other girls that i may have one day!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 8:56 PM on Mar. 2, 2009