Can a blood test be taken too early?

Its only been a week since I had sex, could the blood test be wrong with pregnancy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:41 PM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Hmm if it says ur pregnant i would go by that...Im not sure about false results..but I know when my mom found out she was pregant they said she was only a week..by blood test
    HayHayMarie2009

Answer by HayHayMarie2009 at 7:43 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• If a blood test says your pregnant it's not likely to be wrong.
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 7:44 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• yes, it could be, you are at the border line time frame that it may or may not be a false negative. In my experience I had to be tested early because I have to take meds to keep from miscarrying and I have had a blood test come back positive at 10 days before and negative at 12 days but turned positive at 16 days. I would wait till at least 10-14 days though to ask a Dr to do the test, or do it again if you have already done it. I blood test will show up ALOT earlier than a urine test though. Good Luck!
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 7:44 PM on Mar. 2, 2009