Do you think love is blind???

I'm a plus size mommy and every day I am amazed my SO really loves me. Very low self-esteem on my part. I know love is not all about looks but in my case I wonder if love really isn't blind. (You know on the other hand I think he is one handsome man butI don't think other people see it that way.)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:49 PM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• No, love is not blind, it just likes what it sees.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 7:51 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I think it can be.
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 7:51 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• What are you saying? THat your not lovable? How could that be possible? I am sure you have wonderful things that the person who loves you sees and finds value in.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 7:54 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I do believe that love can be blind.  I judge only myself on my physical appearance.  I do not judge others that way.  What's on the inside truly is what matters most to me.  My SO is getting heavier and heavier, as well as older, but when I see him being a great dad or being sweet and loving, he is the hottest man on the planet to me.  I do not care what he looks like or how fat he is, lol.

DeTora_Family

Answer by DeTora_Family at 7:58 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I think it is a chemical reaction. People are attracted to others not just on the looks-there's some really hot men out there, but I'm not in love with them. I think eventually it will be discovered love is something that needs to start with two people who "fit" each other chemically. Then love grows out of shared experience, etc.

We've all heard of pheromones being essential to sexual attraction. Maybe everyone carries their own individual "thumbprint" of pheromone that is recognizable to another person's compatible one.

I guess I think love is blind for this reason, and also I believe in "love" at first sight. (i.e. intense attraction)
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 7:59 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• look here miss anon i know first hand that being a chubby girl is not a bad thing,i am a size 14 and i get looks every time i walk out my door and to be honest most men now days prefer a thick chick we are whats in lol do not worry if some others dont see it the way your so does but im sure more see it then you are aware of but because you have low self esteem you cant see that..and who cares if others dont think your man aint cute thats your man and you love him and are attracted to him so sexual intercourse those who dont think so i know ppl might not think my man is hott but i do and i care less if anyone else thinks he is or is not he is my man and my opinions are all that matters..i hope this helps you to see tru beauty within your self ..

sauna26

Answer by sauna26 at 8:06 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Yes! It can be. Always is for me.
    lincsmom74

Answer by lincsmom74 at 8:09 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• love is not blind, it just knows that your size does not reflect your true self. he loves you for you, and that includes accepting how you look, and embracing that as well. and my hubby say 'no skinny chicks' lol.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 8:24 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Hey my hubby likes me chunky. Some guys just like thick girls.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 8:49 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Love is not blind. What it is it is not predjuiced and it knows no boundaries. Love isn't based on looks, love is based on a connection of souls.
    Anonymous