for young mothers

does anyone try to make you feel dumb or hurt your feelings for having a baby so young? i know this dude and hes RIDICULOUS i said something about being smart and he said 'having a baby at 20 = you not being smart' and other mean things. i mean i dont care what he says i just dont like that hes trying to hurt my feelings, what did i ever do to him lol! he's said other things i cant really recall, something about me being a skank and trashy *eye roll* skank is up for debate depending on how you define it but im not trashy!

aliciatron

Asked by aliciatron at 8:03 PM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I don't think having a baby at the age of 20 is too young. I think it depends on your maturity level and common sense.
    Just ignore the ignorance that gets said and enjoy being a mommy. No one has to know your age - just keep it to yourself.
    BTW, my daughter is 20 and gave birth to our first grandchild a month ago! I don't consider her young at all, but she does lack maturity and some common sense, so it's a good thing she lives with us. She's learning, though, as all people do.
    Bless you!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 12:07 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• i dont care at all what others think of me for having my boys so young... i had trevor when i was 16 and yes it was very irresponsible but i stepped up and took care of him. i became the best mother i could learn to be... my whole world changed. my world became him and he became my world... so if they want to say ignorant things about me being a young mom.. that makes them the immature ones... im doing a damn good job raising a 5 year old!
    gottalovemyboys

Answer by gottalovemyboys at 8:09 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• You are not a skank no matter what. I had myfirst son at 19 so I must be really dumb. Don't listen to that guy he must be very insecure about himself, that is why people constatnly insult other people and never say anything good.
    I think you are awesome.
    ednakrabapple

Answer by ednakrabapple at 8:11 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• i think ppl like him need a reality check! my mom had me at 20 & no one called her irresponsible. my grandmother had my aunt when she was 18. my great grandma had my grandma when she was 15. granted they were all married, but still they were young & no one gave them crap.

it seems like the more we progress towards tolerance the more things ppl pull out to make ppl feel bad for.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 8:14 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I had my son at 17. And its the best thing to ever happen to me! Don't let people get to you!
    pinkanfgrl

Answer by pinkanfgrl at 8:15 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• 20 is definately not too young. for some people it is becuase at 20 depending on your life situation is they just aren't ready for settling down. but if you get pregnant that young, you deal with it.

people can be very rude. and as long as you are taking care of you and your baby. you are doing great. and when you have a baby has nothing to do with your intelligence.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 8:18 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• yeah hes just bitter
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 8:38 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• ah, hes probably just pissed that he wasn't the one to impregnant you. he jealous that its not his baby. lol! what a jerk!
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 8:39 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I got married at 17, preg at 18, I got a lot of crap and even had one lady at walmart tell me I was a welfare mom when thats the furthest from the truth. My husband works and I don't. We make it and support ourselves and our son. Ppl will always judge you and talk about you till the day you die and even after. Just ignore them.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 8:47 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• i feel like that every monday wednesday and friday (the days my daughter goes to preschool) all the mothers there are married and older..and im not married, and i had my daughter when i was 20..and i see the looks, ive heard comments, i just ignore them, but yaa, its hard!! i mean i woulda thought that they woulda somewhat respected me more for putting he rin preschool and trying to do the best that i can..but...obviously not..lol..and i dont really care anymore! im an awesome mom, id do anything for my daughter, and if they wanna be all old and snotty about it, then WHATEVER!!!!!!!!!! lol :)
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 8:49 PM on Mar. 2, 2009