Missing the whole first trimester

OK, I just found out last week that I'm 14 weeks pregnant! I have two DD's, so you think I would've recognized all the signs and symptoms.

(I guess I've just been so busy with life I didn't notice the missed periods, and my kiddos have been sick, so I attributed my morning sickness to a stomach bug I kept getting. And the hugs boobs and bloating...well, I thought I was putting on a few pounds lol).

Has this happened to anyone else? Or anyone else that you know of?

.Peaches.

Asked by .Peaches. at 8:05 PM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Don't worry about it! It is more or less of a blessing to miss the first trimester, you're almost halfway there and you've had none of the angst that comes along with getting out of the first trimester where we women worry so much about having miscarriages. Many of the S/S of pregnancy are also those of other conditions (including when you're about to get your period). It's easy to miss when you're busy with life. Just call the doc and schedule and appointment and start taking your vitamins (I'm sure you've done this already) and be happy! A lof of women don't know right away (some continue to have "periods" their entire pregnancy and don't find out until the end!). Congrats!
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 8:37 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• yeah it happend to my best friends mom she went the whole 9 months not knowing lol but she thought nothing of it because she had her period the whole time,and im kinda in that situation at the moment but im confused i have a lot of symptoms but i have had my period and its weird it came 2 weeks erly and not as heavy or crampy as they usely are that time of month and im always like clock work but anyway sorry i told u my prob lol and congrats on your suprise i wish you more blessings..
    sauna26

Answer by sauna26 at 8:14 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• haha that happened to me...The only symptom I had was that I suddenly didn't want to smoke cigarettes and then the smell started to make me sick.
    gettingfat89

Answer by gettingfat89 at 8:21 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• haha yea that happened to a lot of people.. dont feel bad lol...
    Anonymous

• I had to go to the ER because I was experiencing some cramping and light bleeding (which, at the end of the visit, the attributed to stress). They did the urine test and it came back positive, so I was like "OK, well, not great timing, but that's alright". Then they started asking me about my LMP, and I didn't have a clue, so they did a quick ultrasound.
    She was gonna do it vaginally, but then decided to see if I was far enough along for a tummy scan. She didn't say anything for a minute or two, then she said "Well, you've got plenty of baby here, and you're 13.5 weeks along."

I almost fell off the bed lol. I mean, I know it happens, but I never thought it would happen to ME, ya know?
    .Peaches.

Answer by .Peaches. at 8:40 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• My ex MIL found out she was pregnant with my ex at 6 months, she had several miscarriages before him and thought she couldn't get pregnant, so it was a huge shock to her to find out that she was more than halfway through a healthy pregnancy.
    heratyc

Answer by heratyc at 8:47 PM on Mar. 2, 2009