would you

would you chose your "faith" over a sure thing??--would you chose your "faith" over a job that was a sure thing for money--or would chose your "faith" to get you through--in other words--would you chose your "faith" over a sure thing--how many of you would really rely on your "faith"????

jdmyangel

Asked by jdmyangel at 8:06 PM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• No, I personally would not rely on faith for anything. I think faith is important but I don't think I would let it dictate my life choices like that...
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 8:08 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• that doesnt make sense to me.....
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 8:08 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• do you mean a job that is a sure thing- pays well, but goes against the moral values of my faith?

when would a sure thing good job be in contradiction of 'faith'?

Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 8:11 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• If you mean would you not go for a job that was there for you instead of praying and waiting for God to send you something else, no I wouldn't rely on faith. Could be the "sure thing" is what your faith (waiting for God) planned for you anyway.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 8:11 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• You're supposed to have faith but use wisdom on decisions. I don't believe "faith" will feed your family nor will it pay the bills. By "living" on faith it doesn't mean to sit on your ass and NOT do anyrthing to help yourself.
    GmaPam7257

Answer by GmaPam7257 at 8:12 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• what if your job was mentally harassing, menatlly abusive, etc??????
    jdmyangel

Answer by jdmyangel at 8:29 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I don't understand the question. My "faith" encompases my moral compass and what I am comfortable with. So if there was a job, regardless of how much money was on the table, I could not do it. And I have turned down sure things because I have been uncomfortable with the offers. Like wise I have friends who would not work at a rape crisis center knowing that they would have to present abortion as an option if a victim came forward who was pregnant and asked for information about abortion services. They have flat out said they could never work for an agency that even offered that as an option due to their faith and beliefs.
    Anonymous

• If my job went against my principles, then I'd have faith that I could find a new one and could maintain my own inner principles until that happened.
    Should I just up and quit and hope that something would turn up? I don't know. It would depend on how bad it was.
    Should I just tough it out and hope that it will be all right? I truly belive that God helps those who help themselves. If I did nothing, then I'm not helping myself.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 9:21 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• If I could stand working in that environment long enough to find something else that pays the bills, I'[d stay. But this job that is a "sure thing" sounds as if it is tearing you up mentally as well as physically. In that case, I'm not sure that it is worth it. If you have faith the size of a mustard seed you can move mountains. Faith is very important to me. As another mama said, if a job interferes with my morals, I would get out as quickly as possible no matter what it paid. Serious prayer and study will help you find the answer you are looking for.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 9:32 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• ok.. Let's look at faith... what IS faith ? The bible says faith is the substance of the things not seen.
    Ok so you said what if the job was harassing, mentally abusive and so forth, you would need to ask in my case I would ask God if He still wants me there or if I am supposed to leave. Sometimes we are to stay because He has a plan that we do not see or know... that is where faith comes in. faith to trust in God's plan and purposes for our lives. I am reminded of the Israelites who ended up in Egypt. If you know the story great , if not go read it. Each time Moses went to Pharaoh and asked him to let his people go... Pharaoh would make the Israelites work hard and make their work more difficult. This was God hardening his heart. God had a plan and in the end it was GOOD. So you have to discern whether or not to remain.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 9:38 PM on Mar. 2, 2009