Does it bother you when moms give thier child a bath right before they take their kid to the park, then get upset because their kid got dirty?

It seemed like I always ran into that kind of mother last year.

lincsmom74

Asked by lincsmom74 at 8:13 PM on Mar. 2, 2009 in General Parenting

• No, I don't think anything about it. I do think it is a little odd that there are parents who don't want to have their children get dirty in general. Again, I don't judge. Just a little sad for the kid. My personal philosophy is that the more dirt on my child the more fun he had. He should get dirty and roll around. The great thing about having a bathtub in our home is that we can take a bath or wash off when it is needed. I have, admittedly, sent my child to bed when he was not clean with the intention of bathing him in the morning. So that may ick some parents out. Sheets can be washed just as much as children and I have never seen in headlines that Dirt Kills Child.
    Anonymous

• ha ha. i wouldnt get upset or anything. i would just think they were awful silly. its pointless. a kid can dirty playing at home and they are guaranteed to get dirty going to the park. lol.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 8:14 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• i try not to waste energy caring what other people do.
    Anonymous

• haha! no, but I would think its funny. cuz they are being dumb. of course their going to get dirty! why give them a bath before you take them to do something like that? lol!
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 8:28 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I would feel bad for the kid that their mom did not have the common sense to realize that they were going to get dirty at the park. lol.
    vbongard

Answer by vbongard at 8:35 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• No, it wouldn't bother me. I think I would get a good laugh out of it though. You must have a lot of rookie moms at that park.
    3gifts.from.god

Answer by 3gifts.from.god at 9:05 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I sometimes bathe my DD before going to the park. But, she's young enough to go in the shower with me, and sometimes, taking her in is the easy way for ME to get a shower. I don't care if she gets dirty.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:38 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• No it doesn't bother me. But i do think that mom is an idiot.
    Anonymous

• I bathe my son anytime that we leave the house. But it doesn't bother me when he gets dirty. He loves baths anyway, so he doesn't mind having to take two in one day.
    Mommy0425

Answer by Mommy0425 at 10:18 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• My SIL used to grate my nerves because she never wanted my nephew dirty and it was always a big deal when he'd be dirty. Little boys get dirty! Bathing your child before the park isn't a good idea for someone who's OCD about dirt. There's dirt in parks!
    I think it's sad for the kid when their mom is complaining all the time about him/her getting dirty. I think it takes away from their enjoying their childhood. That's what's irritating to me!
    MicahsMom612

Answer by MicahsMom612 at 10:52 PM on Mar. 2, 2009