Have you used Mary Kay or would you be interested in selling it?

I know it may sound nuts, but I am making money and not doing much!!! My director put her sons through college with just her commision!!

amt27

Asked by amt27 at 8:15 PM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Money & Work

• It can be done, there are some haters on here saying you cannot make money, etc. Ignore that I have been making great money with my direct sales companies and loving it!!! If you have any questions please PM me!

lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 8:21 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Thanks, I'm making a lot of money right now and looking for sharp women to add to my team.
    amt27

Answer by amt27 at 8:28 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I use to sell mary Kay. and My director was very successful. I stop because I found something else and doing very well in it as well. I learned alot from selling Mary Kay and have no regrets. Congrats mama and I wish you all the best in your business.
    kyheavensmom

Answer by kyheavensmom at 9:16 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Mary Kay is Awesome! Here is something you and your team can incorporate into your business.

www.DoctorsMission.com

Anonymous

• I used it once and it made my skin break out really bad.
    Anonymous

• Hey I'm not a direct selling hater....i've tried 5 of them. My beef with direct selling companies is that while yes it's a multi billion dollar business (what is the recent number I read...65 billion?) that 65 billion being made is mostly the companies profit...very little goes to the reps. It's very easy to fall into the trap of selling with a direct selling company and making little money, no money or owing money because it is hard to get into. SOOOO many people sell the same things. There are 5 Avon reps on my street alone. I see many "Mary Kay" decals on cars and for other companies. And hey, if you have the drive and motivation to plug away to book shows and do consultations and call people constantly to order and re-order go for it, just be careful what you spend! Personally when I hear the whole "home based business" I think, steady paycheck, and with Direct Sales there is NO guarentee for a return on your time!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:28 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• yEAH I HEARD PEOPLE MAKE GOOD MONEY OFF OF IT..
    I USE TO SELL AVON AND MADE NOTHING!!
    NOW I DO PASSION PARTIES AND MAKE TONNNNSSS OF MONEY!!
    DO U DO MAKE UP PARTIES?
    jenniek510

Answer by jenniek510 at 12:22 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• What if you have no friends? How can it be possible to still make money selling Mary Kay? i mean i'd like to, I just don;t know anyone.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:57 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• anon if u ever started a business like that you can make business cards and leave them in restaraunts, laundry rooms hair salons etc.. and the business will come rolling in
    jenniek510

Answer by jenniek510 at 3:03 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Anon, it's even more challenging if you don't have too many social friends. But you would have to get creative. Mary Kay makes tote bages with clear windows to hold a brochure. Use that as your purse so people see you sell Mary Kay! I used a $3 photo tote from Walmart and made an awesome bag for Avon like this and it did help. You also should carry business cards or catalogs with samples to hand to people...everywhere. You could also do local craft/vender shows and place classified ads offering FREE bridal consultations or FREE skin care clinics for groups. I used to do all this with Avon, but it's a lot of plugging away and spending involved to try and get actual customers!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:39 AM on Mar. 3, 2009