Teenage mother to be....

Okay I just would really appreciate it if I could get some advice from any teenage mother to be's like myself... or anyone who would like to just give me some advice would be fine.. I dont care what its about it can be anything you would like to give me advice about.. THANKS=)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:18 PM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Abstain from salt. In the beginning it may not seem that big of a deal, but in the last few months you will blow up like a balloon from the water retention it causes.

Walk. Even when you don't want to.

Don't let hormones control you. Think about what you say before you say it. And if in the middle of an argument you think to yourself "This is so ridiculous..." then just say "I am being hormonal. Can we talk about this in an hour?" and walk away, don't even wait for the response.

Don't feel pressure to breastfeed, even though everyone and their mother will push it on you. Do what is best for YOU and YOUR baby. Not them and theirs.

When the doctor says you need to take it easy, he means it.

Let people help you. If your mother/mother in law/friend/neighbor wants to come help you clean in preparation for the baby, by god let them. You will thank them for it later.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 8:23 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• And my last little piece of advice -

When the baby comes, don't worry about "doing it wrong". You are learning, and guess what? So is the baby. Neither of you have done this before, and it will take time to get the hang of it.

.Good Luck! Feel free to message me if you need/want to chat or you have any questions.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 8:25 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• sad to say sweety but the best advise i can give you is prepare your self for criticism from other ppl..there is a bunch of ppl who are over judgmental..but on a brighter note you are going to be a mommy and you need to use this time while your pregnant to rest yourself and take it easy and dont be afraid to ask for help you need this because when that baby is here you will hardly have time to breath much less anything else so take it easy while u still can lol =) congrats your gonna have a baby..

sauna26

Answer by sauna26 at 8:30 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Make sure you have good friends you can vent to, it's better if those friends are mothers as well because they'll get whatever you're dealing with. Keep all your dr appointments, and if anything is bothering you don't hesitate to call and get the dr's opinion or make an appointment. As for the venting friend, there are lots of groups on CM that have great moms with a lot of awesome advice.
    heratyc

Answer by heratyc at 8:43 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Congrats on your baby!!!
    I guess my advice would be to continue to finish school. My mom told me when I had my son that a baby can't stop you from doing what you want to do, only you. I was 17 when I gotten pregnant and 18 when I gave birth. Another advice my mom gave me was don't be ashamed of your baby because I weren't ashame of you. I was embarrassed when I was pregnant and got critized and dirty looks and it was discouraging and I felt less then. Don't EVER let anyone make you feel that way. Your not the only teen who had ever gotten pregnant so with that said,enjoy your pregnancy and motherhood. It can be hard and also exciting. Babies are a blessing no matter what ahe the parents are. Enjoy your blessing!!
    kyheavensmom

Answer by kyheavensmom at 8:44 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Just finish school. Whatever you do do not drop out
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 8:49 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Don't drop out. Let someone else clean the catbox it may hurt the baby from something in the cat's poop. GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!
    iloveRiver

Answer by iloveRiver at 8:55 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Answered at 8:48 PM on Mar. 2, 2009 by: Anonymous
    What the heck do you mean congrats on your baby, she's a teenager for crying out loud. My only advice to you is to keep you legs closed after this one comes out.

To me, her comment doesn't count because she didn't have the balls to write this w/o posting anonymous.
    Like I said Congrats!!!! Babies are blessing regardless of the parents situations.
    kyheavensmom

Answer by kyheavensmom at 8:56 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• My advice is to ignore every comment anyone says to you that could make you feel inferior. I am nineteen and expecting and even get criticized. Just don't let it get you down. You know you will be a wonderful mother and can give your child a life full of love. I wouldn't want a mother who was saying horrible things like these anons. Who is to say they are better just because they have some wrinkles under their eyes while having a baby on their tit?
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 9:04 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Answered at 8:53 PM on Mar. 2, 2009 by: Anonymous
    GOOD LUCK your life is gonna end, what were you thinking? birth conrtol does woek you know

Your life won't end cause your a teenage mom. Just learn from your mistakes(not calling your baby a mistake). Like I said earlier I was 18 witth my first. That was 6 yrs ago. Im a college graduate, married to my childs father by choice, no one pressured us(it'll be 3 yrs in may) who has been workin @ the same job for almost 9 yrs. We have 2 other children and is doing great as far as finances. My life hasn't end because I was a teen mom, It gotten better and Im proud of the women I became because I didn't let ppl like the ones judging you get me down. It was actually motivation. so stay strong.
    kyheavensmom

Answer by kyheavensmom at 9:04 PM on Mar. 2, 2009