Limbaugh and Obama: Do you want Obama to fail?

How many conservatives here agree w/ Rush and want Obama to fail? Not in what you may believe are his "real" aims, but in his stated ones? How many really want Obama to be a failure as President and why? When George Bush was elected (both times), I was unhappy with the choice but I sincerely wished for him to do well, for him to make this country a little better than he found it. I have never wished for a President to fail to lead this country, no matter how much I may have disagreed with his politics, because to me, the state of the country was far more important than any policy disagreements. For instance, I objected to Gitmo, but I never questioned fmr. Pres. Bush's commitment to our security, and I never wished for a terror attack to prove my objections correct. There seem to be a lot of people who want our President to fail, and I don't understand that.

AesSedai

Asked by AesSedai at 8:20 PM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I want Obama's socialist policies to fail. I want Obama's spread the wealth policies to fail. I want his attempts to sabotage and weaken our military to fail. So if that means I want him to fail, so be it.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 8:21 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Conservatives don't want socialism for this country.

Whatever it takes to prevent that from happening.

We love our country.
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 8:22 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Can I just show my avatar and let everyone guess what I am thinking?
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 8:24 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I personally don't believe Obama is the one behind the plan that is being forced on America. He is our President. A figurehead. The real movers and shakers are behind the scenes and are the ones making a mess of our country. It's all just a prelude to a worldwide currency.
    Anonymous

• So what we have here, mainstream media continuing to smear and mischaracterize the Republican position by trying to convince Americans that the Republican Party and me want Obama to fail. I want free markets and capitalism to succeed. We want socialism to fail.

"Oh, Limbaugh wants the economy to fail? Limbaugh wants unemployment to stay high. ,,,No, my friends, and please don't be so gullible that you would believe that interpretation of things. It's the exact opposite that I want. I want people to have jobs. I want people to get the best and highest-paying jobs their ambition and desire will get for them. I want an economy that grows jobs and grows wealth, expands income. I want a stock market that's going great guns because that's where people's investments are. I'm all for that. My fear is that what's happening
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_030209/content/01125107.guest.html
    Praying

Answer by Praying at 8:28 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• If Obama is for socialism I want him to fail too. We cannot come back from that.
    Anonymous

• Conservatives want the socialist policies to fail it's that simple.We absolutely love this great country.We love the concept of free markets and of all Americans pursuing their dreams/goals to their fullest potential.
    We feel expanding government control is what REALLY opresses.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 8:29 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• You can have the "liberal media" take and only look at a snippet of what Rush said (makes me think they have rather short attention spans).
    (OR)
    You can listen to Rush in his entirety.

When you asked this question, OP~Which had you done?

Because if you listened to Rush in his entirety, then you would have seen where he said, "I want free markets and capitalism to succeed. We want socialism to fail. " It's a Fundamental difference in Fiscal Responsibility. Why is that wrong?
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:34 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Yes please look up the transcript and see what all Rush really said.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 8:36 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I am a conservative but I would never wish anyone to fail . That is heartless. I think people need to read the transcript of what Mr. Limbaugh said first before making things out to be what they were not intended to be !
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 8:45 PM on Mar. 2, 2009