HAVE YOU EVER LOST A FRIEND OVE SOMETHING STUPID?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:21 PM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• Yeah this woman I loved she was so cool, our kids were the same age. I think she was just dying inside of jealousy when I moved into a really nice neighborhood with big houses. I never looked down on her old farm house, I actually loved it. She however thought it was slummin'. Oh well. I miss her. She has since divorced.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 8:24 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• In high school I lost a friend because her ex boyfriend asked me out.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 8:27 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I think everyone does! it sucks but it happens. If you know its a stupid reason why dont you just try to talk to her/him about it maybe theyll get that its not a good reason to loose a friendship over
    Anonymous

• I FEEL LOST, IT IS SOMETHING LAME BUT IN THE END I FEEL THE OTHER HALF IS VERY SELFISH AND STUBBORN. I WILL BE DEVASTATED IF THIS ENDS IT BUT I HAVE NO WAY T FIX IT, ESPECIALLY WITH THE 'WHAT'S DONE IS DONE" KNOWLEDGE I HAVE...
    Anonymous

• i have..this past year in fact...she was the best friend i ever had..it was all gravy and then i divorced, moved on with my life, bought my own business, and lost weight...instead of being happy for me she said i was toxic to her own issues and she left me in the dust. this past christmas she'd text me and stuff but never a phone call and a "i'm so sorry , let's meet so i can explain" she just seemed like she was sorry she didn't have anyone to tell about how her life was going and not really missing me. I know i was a great friend and the only person in her life that stood by and defended her to the death. I can walk away from the relationship with my head held high. I told her during christmas to not text me unless she's gonna man up and apologize decently first. she never did. once i got over the hurt i realized the relationship was toxic. i don't miss it, i don't miss the drama she wraps herself in..i'm better w/out
    yomamaporter

Answer by yomamaporter at 8:45 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I lost a good deal of friends when I got married since I wouldn't (and still won't) leave my husband for them.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:55 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I lost a friend when I got pregnant, he was having guy problems and was very anti children, so me having a baby just made me the enemy in his eyes, it was sad and some of the things he said really hurt, but over all I think I'm better off without having someone with such a horrible additude around me and my daughter.
    Anonymous

• yes

Answer by admckenzie at 9:26 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• OMG who hasn't it seems like. Don't know if it was really stupid or not but

I had a friend practically dump me 3 yr ago, but has recently been trying to come back around. She was mad at me over my DH when we first got together (my DH and I); for some reason she thought she knew best what was best for me..... recently I had the pleasure of hearing her admit that my DH is the best thing she could think of to happen to me.... I"m like wow... where was that when I was building the relationship, planning the wedding and the two years since? It kinda pisses me off about her now. Because now she acts like she was in favor the whole time.... I've never told her that I know she was talking about me behind my back at my own baccalaureate party. I just let her roll around in her own conscience.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 9:45 PM on Mar. 2, 2009