BEWARE THIS IS VERY GROSS-A LITTLE TMI BUT I NEED SO GUIDANCE

so heres the situation-tonight i was gonna give my son a shower (hes 2). as soon as i put him in the shower, he squated like he was gonna poo. well he pooed just a little and then put his finger to his poo place (sry thats what i call it) and then tried to put his finger in his mouth with a little poo on it. ewww. so i grabbed his hand before he had a chance to do it, and cleaned his hand off. but then he stuck his finger in his mouth. im trying to potty train but i was wondering if this is normal. is this part of exploring themselves? i told him no thats yuck but is there something else that i can do to discourage it?? has your kids ever done something like this?? please tell me im not alone....lol

SThompson21

Asked by SThompson21 at 8:39 PM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Kids are gross. We all know it. My son has pooped in the bathtub, picked it up and tried to eat it. Its just a kid thing. Tell him its gross and don't laugh or anything and he'll stop eventually. Just don't make it a big deal.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 8:43 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• My boys did similar stuff to that. However their phase consisted of exploring each other. they said they could see better. I let them know that it was totally unexceptable and that boys do not do that to other boys. I would just talk to him and let him know that it is ok to explore but that his poo hole has lots of bad germs that can make him sick.

Just for the record, I do not think either of my boys being gay would be a bad thing. I say they are who they are, I just refused to let them explore in such ways with each other at 4 and 6yo.
    vbongard

Answer by vbongard at 8:46 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I have had kids poop in the tub then want to play with it while I search for something to take it out and drain the tub to start over but never like what your explaining so I don't think it is abnormal. They grow out of it just like everything else. You just have to keep telling them ewww yucky. Kids are just gross sometimes.

babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 8:46 PM on Mar. 2, 2009