can bleeding while pregnant mean miscarriage

i am 6 weeks pregnant and i am bleedind and have been bleeding for 2 weeks straight i went to the er and they said that the pregnacy was normal that it was too early to know anything. my period came at its normal time so the doctor said i shouldnt have known that early but since i know my body i took 5 hpt and they all were positive....i go back to the doctor on the 5th to see if my hcg levels have risen......wishme luck!!!!

Famous88

Asked by Famous88 at 8:45 PM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It can, but there are other things it could be as well.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:47 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• sometimes women have periods while pregnant. or you could be bleeding because of implantation. if you cramp, then go to the er or call your dr
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 8:47 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Some women just bleed during pregnancy and no one really knows why, just talk to your dr and make extra appointments if you think you need to, good luck!
    Anonymous

• wow i dont think its normal to have a period for 2 weeks straight however my friend didnt know she was pg untill 5 months along she had spotting which made her never think about pregancy...goodluck girl!
    Anonymous

• It could mean miscarriage, placenta previa, or lots of other things. I'm surprised they told you it was too early to tell anything. I have a friend who had bleeding at 6 weeks along, and the doctor did a vaginal ultrasound and was able to see the heartbeat (she ended up having a healthy baby). I hope your test turns out all right.
    jilby

Answer by jilby at 8:51 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• i had my period for the first three months of my pregnancy right on time each month don't freak out to bad i mean i'm 20 weeks pregnant now just relax
    scared_mommy16

Answer by scared_mommy16 at 9:04 PM on Mar. 2, 2009