Big Boobs and Dresses

I have large breasts size D , I have a small waist and no hips. I can never find a dress that fits rite. I can never find a dress thats rite without my breasts hanging out. Someone told me to get a dress that fits my breasts and then alter the waist and hips but I want to find an alternative. Any suggestions I am willing to hear anything? Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:54 PM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• What you need to do first is make sure you are wearing the right kind of bra. Get a minimizer bra, and you shouldn't hang out of any of your dresses. Hope this helps.
    Littlejem

Answer by Littlejem at 8:56 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• The advice to alter a dress that fits you on top to make it fit everywhere is the same advice that they give on the TLC channel show What Not To Wear. It's expensive, I know.

The only other idea I can think of is to invest in a minimizer bra. Go to a shop that specializes in bras and have them fit you. You might be able to knock off one cup size this way and possibly fit more dresses.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 8:58 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I am the same way!! HH top and 6 waist...Honey the only thing that works IS to get it altered or only wear skirts and tops. Its frustrating for me becuse I LOVE dresses. But if you buy for your waist you end up with trashy tight bust and if you buy for top you end up with all this loose fabric that makes you look 40 lbs larger. Sorry I have no other solution for you.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 10:21 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• PS...if you were in Dallas we could shop together because this problem frustrates me to no end. Few people understand it and I usually walk away from the mall frustrated and empty handed!
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 10:22 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• K - i have to ask - what is a minimizer bra, how much are they, and where can you get them?? I have DDs and would love to know this secret!! =D
    KeikoRose

Answer by KeikoRose at 11:05 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• i have the same problem :(
    mjbeyor

Answer by mjbeyor at 1:12 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• have you tried dresses that have a tie under the bust? if you can get the top to fit, you can just tie the waist to fit you perfectly. either that or you can learn to alter your own dresses by either taking them in at the waist or inserting modesty panels. good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:31 AM on Mar. 6, 2009