IUD questions...

I have a Mirena IUD. I don't have periods at all. But there are times that i feel like I have total PMS. I don't really even have cramps, but I feel very irritable and annoyed constantly during this time. It's also accompanied by a headache. This happens on and off for a few days and then I feel like me again. Does anyone else with an IUD have PMS with no period? Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:00 PM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Health

• I have very light spotting for a day or two, and yes I have those symptoms. It is very common with Mirena.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 9:01 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• i totally do!! gosh i thought i was crazy for having a period [pms] without bleeding!!!! thanks for letting me know im still sane! lol
    gottalovemyboys

Answer by gottalovemyboys at 9:07 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• OP here.... I didn't know it was common. My doc told me I might still have a period, or I might not. I've had the IUD for almost 2 years now, and never really had any symptoms until the last 3 or 4 months. I guess I just assumed if I didn't have a period, I wouldn't get the stupid symptoms...lol. Anyway, thanks....I think I'm gonna do a google search too...see what comes up.

Anonymous

• Be careful googling Mirena. You will find a whole bunch of things that may or may not be true. I did it a few months ago and was convinced I was pregnant. Try going to Mirena.com for a list of symptoms and such.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 9:17 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• LOL...it's funny you just posted that about googling cause most of the stuff that came up gave me a total WTF moment....lol. thanks.
    Anonymous