is it bad to be bummed out about haveing a boy when you whole life you wanted a girl

ive always wanted a baby girl and i recently found out im haveing a boy im really bummed about and boys just arnt as much fun as little girls i wont love him any less im just trying to find ways to not be so bummed about it

SarahRandall

Asked by SarahRandall at 9:21 PM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• lol i was the same way as you!!! its normal sometimes
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 9:22 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• people feel like this all the time, it's normal, maybe your next one will be a girl or maybe you'll end up with all boys like people in my family. Just be thankful that it's healthy.
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 9:24 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I was a bit disappointed at first. In fact I told the ob that it couldn't be a boy, I was counting on a girl. But that passed very quickly and the boy was perfectly acceptable. LOL!

Answer by Bmat at 9:24 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I think it's okay to feel like that But that will go away eventually, it may not be til after you have the baby but you'll be ok.
    katiegirl

Answer by katiegirl at 9:26 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• No, it's not bad. I'm really hoping for another girl with this pregnancy, so I know I'll feel a little bit sad if it's a boy but that will all change when the baby is born. I know plenty of moms who wanted girls who ended up with boys (or vice versa), and although they were a little unhappy when they first found out what they were having, they say that they can't imagine not having their little boy (or girl, as the case may be).
    jilby

Answer by jilby at 9:28 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I'm sure once you hold that baby in your arms you will forget about any disappointment :) Congrats!!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 9:30 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• i was the same way. i was so excited about tea parties and cute dresses, when i found out it was a boy i literally cried lol but now that i have my little boy hes my little buddy. i love him so much! i couldnt imagine having a girl now lol and btw they dooo have cute boy clothes lol i was so sad about that.. not being able to shop for cute girl clothes
    masonsmommy921

Answer by masonsmommy921 at 9:35 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I think I would have been bummed out if I found out I was having a girl. I reaaallly wanted a boy so I was glad when I got one. I mean you can't help being disappointed because that's just a human emotion so I don't think that's wrong but I think it would be wrong to treat your child differently because they weren't born of the gender you would have preferred.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 9:35 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• i was the same way with my 2nd. when i forund out i was having another boy i was sad too.this is my 3rd boy.im over it now.i have neices that i see all the time.so im happy having 3 boys.
    Anonymous

• I think most women go through that at some point. My fiance and really thought we were having a boy and were really excited, so when we found out we were having a girl we were both a little bummed at first, but now we're both really excited. But like you said, you won't love him any less, so being a little bummed for a while before you can get excited isn't a bad thing.
    heratyc

Answer by heratyc at 9:46 PM on Mar. 2, 2009