At what age do start using regular detergent?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:29 PM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• sensitive skin runs in my family so I waited till around six or seven months. I dont think it matters too much as long as you use a detergent that isnt high on the perfumes.
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 9:37 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• The "free and clear" kinds you can really use early on, probably from the beginning. That's what we started doing so we didn't have to keep separating everything. And now both my husband and I can't stand the perfumed smell of our clothes when we wash them at our parents' house.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 9:39 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I started at birth.
    While sensitive skin doesn't run in my family, sensitivty to perfumes does so I used Tide Free & Clear. I saw no point to Dreft since it was so heavily perfumed.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 10:40 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I used dreft once when the bottle was empty I switched to tide that was for sensitive skin.
    Lindasmama

Answer by Lindasmama at 10:43 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I used the baby stuff until she was about a week... i slowly mixed in regular detergent to make sure she could handle it and she was fine... she was on full strength detergent by the time she was 2 weeks old... and it still doesn't matter what brand i use... they all work the same for my family
    LuckyNavyWife

Answer by LuckyNavyWife at 11:49 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• i didn't use regular detergent until my son was 16 months. he had sensitive skin when he was younger. I was kinda of freaked out about using regular detergent, but things were fine.
    bbymama

Answer by bbymama at 11:58 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• i use the baby stuff up to 3 months but then stopped because i'm started to devlepoed a rash from the stuff so we stop and started to use tide/
    LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 11:59 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I have never used regular. I use an all natural detergent. I never did waste money on the baby stuff.
    deputywife

Answer by deputywife at 3:50 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I never used the baby detergents... they're so overpriced and like a PP said, they're heavily perfumed which you'd think would defeat the purpose of using on your baby's clothing. I just spot treated and used a bit less regular detergent than I would on the rest of my family's clothes. My son never had a reaction, but if your baby has sensitive skin I've heard some pretty good things about Tide Free & Clear
    mommabeth15

Answer by mommabeth15 at 12:32 AM on Mar. 4, 2009