Maybe TMI, but here's the quiestion...

Has anyone else been so constipated during pregnancy that the pain made you go to the hospital? My doctor even suggested a fiber supplement to help "get things moving" and it's still so uncomfortable. I know that this is one of the discomforts that every doctor tells you about, but has anyone else ever had it that bad? I'm only 21 weeks and can't imagine another 19 weeks or more of this kind of pain, I mean I'm looking forward to labor because it seems like it just won't be as bad...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:42 PM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I know just what you are describing. I had to be on progesterone for the first 12 weeks, and it made me feel like that. Literally to the point that I would sit in the bathroom and cry, my husband was at the pharmacy at least 3-4 times a week getting different things for me. I would recomend that you do the fiber supliments, but also ask your Dr for a stool softener, cause it will still hurt like hell (if your exp is anything like mine was) and the fear can be horrible sitting there waiting. Good luck, and make sure to get the softener! Hell even prune juice by the gallons may get you moving, and it will soften things up a bit too.
    Anonymous

• I didnt go to the hospital but I felt like it a couple times........Im sorry for your discomfort. Eat prunes everyday, oatmeal with raisins/or prunes cut up and cooked with the oatmeal. Drink tons of water. The doctor can give you something for it.

Good luck momma!
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 9:44 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• ask your dr, there are special teas for it or try that activia yogurt... maybe that will help
    Albi1623

Answer by Albi1623 at 9:45 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• For me it was after delivering by c-section, but I was on the phone with my doctor sobbing, begging to go to the hospital. I would recommend eating WHOLE prunes as much as you can, and drinking lots of water. Check with your doc to see if there's a stool softener you can use while preg. Good luck.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 9:55 PM on Mar. 2, 2009