Hot Cocoa during breastfeeding...?

Hello moms,

I have a month old and breastfeeding. Is it safe to drink hot cocoa while breastfeeding?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:49 PM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• hot cocoa is fine to drink.. I just wouldn't drink it while your baby is latched on because you could spill it on him/her
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 9:51 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I drank it while breastfeeding why wouldn't it be okay
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 9:51 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• A little bit of caffeine is okay. As long as it doesn't appear to be affecting your LO I wouldn't worry.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 9:55 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• The amount of caffeine in hot cocoa is so insignificant that I wouldn't even give it a second thought. My doctor told me I could have 3 cups of coffee a day. I definitely don't because I'm not a big fan, but occasionally will pick up a drink at starbucks.
    Definitely watch your little one to see if s/he is effected by the caffeine, because some are more sensitive to it than others
    MicahsMom612

Answer by MicahsMom612 at 10:02 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Eat and drink AS YOU LIKE unless baby reacts.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:21 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Why wouldn't it be?
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:42 AM on Mar. 3, 2009