Having a D&C tomorrow......

If you had one, how long afterwards were you in pain? How long after did you bleed?

JmgBlair

Asked by JmgBlair at 10:00 PM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I wasnt really in any pain. I had light menstrual cramps but that was it. I had light spotting for maybe a week or 2...not even enough to use 1 pad a day. Im guessing your u/s today didnt go well?
    ellasmommy2007

Answer by ellasmommy2007 at 10:05 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• no, it didnt :{ There was a baby and no heartbeat. And thursday when i had my ultrasound the baby measured 7w6d and today it was 8w1d meaning i lost it on saturday .I am really sad.
    JmgBlair

Answer by JmgBlair at 10:08 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• But didnt last week they heard the heartbeat....??? I would do not do a D & C yet...
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 10:09 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• im so sorry hun, if you need anythin i am here
    ellasmommy2007

Answer by ellasmommy2007 at 10:10 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I had another ultrasound today. And there was no heartbeat.
    JmgBlair

Answer by JmgBlair at 10:13 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Also, i would request pathology to test it for any problems
    ellasmommy2007

Answer by ellasmommy2007 at 10:17 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I'm going to. My doctor said smetimes they just dont know and sometimes they can pinpoint a cause.
    JmgBlair

Answer by JmgBlair at 10:20 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Well with my experience with the molar that can turn into a major problem and if they can find out the cause that will help you with your grieving process...i know it helped me cope alot when i found out from my regular doctors what really happened
    ellasmommy2007

Answer by ellasmommy2007 at 10:21 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Yeah. This pregnancy was so diffictult. I know it only lasted 8 weeks, but its hard to deal with. I'm not sure how to grieve.. I mean do I cry, or do I think of it as "everything happens for a reason" I just dont know what to think right now ya know.
    JmgBlair

Answer by JmgBlair at 10:26 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• well i cried and cried and cried until i went to my normal health system and found out what was really happening. then i didnt cry for a long time until 2 weeks ago wheni found out my sister who shouldnt have anymore kids is pregnant,...then i snapped and ive been having a tough time lately
    ellasmommy2007

Answer by ellasmommy2007 at 10:33 PM on Mar. 2, 2009