i need advice

k so here's my problem i have been trying 2 model for about 6 years and i have not had very good luck with it cuz im only 5 foot 2. but this year Americas next top model is for girls 5foot 7 and under. well i have always said if i had the opportunity i would take it cuz it my dream 2 model but hers the problem. if i get in the top 12 i have 2 live in the house april threw June my hubby comes home from iraq the end of April... dunno what 2 do usually i wouldn't give it a second thought. but this is a once in a life time opportunity to live my dream and better my families life but i will miss my hubbys homecoming and not b with him the first few weeks he is home.. i dunno what 2 do i still need 2 talk2 him about it but i want 2 know your opinions

Remmismommy

Asked by Remmismommy at 10:19 PM on Mar. 2, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Thats completely up to you. I would try out, and then make my decision after i find out if i made it or not. Also, talk it out with your hubby - maybe he'll support you chasing your dreams, then you wont feel so guilty.
    KeikoRose

Answer by KeikoRose at 11:03 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• OMG girl, I'm pretty sure your husband is not going to mind bragging to everyone he knows that you made it to the top! lol I am pretty sure as much as you want to and if you have the looks then go for it! I loved modeling and of course I'm a short one too, and I know how great that could be, and its soo much fun. Do it!
    duckys-mom

Answer by duckys-mom at 11:10 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• B.N 5FT 2 IS AWSOME...im 5ft 2. But that wuld suck i dnt kno what to tell u. I wuld prob pic my husband ovr modeln, but its also a once n a life time chance u may nevr g/ back....GOOD LUCK!!!
    iheartkewi

Answer by iheartkewi at 11:18 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• its once in a life time go for it your hubby will love being able to make his buddies jealous if you make it let me know how you do
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 11:34 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• FYI- AMERICA's NEXT TOP MODEL Isn't what you think it is. It doesn't help your career. And a lot of it is fake. Girlfriend of mine's old roommate was on it and got about half way. Miss J is into sports, they untrain you to retrain you- make you look like you aren't good, etc....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:16 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• lol.. but 5 foot 2?! They are REALLY doing a show for girls this short? They are always knocking girls on America's next model for being "shorter" and usually the girls are under 5 foot 9! No runway will EVER have a 5 foot 2 model.. Be happy with who you are and kiss that dream goodbye!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:19 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• update!

well i got 2 talk 2 the hubbs last night and he said go for it we have been threw so many months apart a few more weeks wont hurt and he knows i could do it and he doesnt want me having anyregrets and i thought about it long and hard and had a chat with GOD haha i prayed for about a half an hr .. i kinda religious and i asked him 2 give me a sign and my best sign would b a dream about what i was supposed 2 do. and well i dreamt about my hubbys home coming so that tell me the Big man upstairs has bigger and better plans for me. so i wont b trying out this year .. maybe next year haha thank you for everyone's input!!!

o and 2 the person who answerd nasty about my hight dont b such a rude nasty person. if you cant respond niclydont respond and if your gunna b rude atleast b adult enough not 2 do it annon.. just grow up
    Remmismommy

Answer by Remmismommy at 10:23 PM on Mar. 3, 2009